Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
OZZ's Shin Megami Tensei Enemy Recruitment v1
by me

Introduction
This plugin enables the use and recruitment of enemies in a similar way to the Shin Megami Tensei series. That is, recruiting enemies via negotiation skills, which lets you talk to the enemy and, in this case, decide the outcome of this negotiation based on the enemy personality.

Setting things up is kind of cumbersome, but I tried to do the best I could to provide both functionality and versatility to let you do as you want. You can even use just the negotiation aspects and do your own. Or use it to arbitrarily add any enemy to your party via events.

Please look into the plugin commands, and try them out, to understand the kind of effects they have. And then... enjoy!

Features
* Recruit enemies through negotiation skills.
* Arbitrarily add enemies as allies without having to set up actors.
* Have coffee while sleeping!

Video
--

How to Use
Add the file to your project's js/plugin folder. Then open up the plugin manager (F10) in the editor and set up the plugin.
Please see instructions inside the help section at the plugin, either when importing/configuring the plugin in the editor, or by opening the file in any text editor.

Demo
Download demo

Plugin Download
Download from Github

Addons
I decided to split the plugin into smaller parts, because I despise monolithic code that does everything and beyond. And you might be interested (YES YOU ARE) in maybe just one part of it, or maybe all. So yeah I did it in a sensible way. Have fun!

SMT Demon fusion
This plugin serves as an add-on for the SMT Demon plugin to fuse two or more demons in order to acquire a new one, in a similar way how the Demon Fusioning mechanic works in the Shin Megami Tensei series.

The rules are mostly based on Shin Megami Tensei 1 for Super Famicom, due to it being the one with which I was more familiarized. But at the same time I kind of simplified them, not even adding the element affinity, mitamas or anything too specific for 1-2 specific demons/races or entries in the series.

CAUTION: This plugin depends on the OZZ-SMTDemons plugin. Make sure to install the OZZ-SMTDemons plugin prior installing this plugin, and make sure it is enabled when using this plugin.

It is also adviced to order both plugins accordingly, so the OZZ-SMTDemons plugin is before/over this one in in your project's list of installed plugins.

Features:
* A special menu for fusing recruited enemies.
* Supports both double fusion, which fuses two enemies based on their race*. And multi-fusion**, this one based solely on specific recruited enemies.

*Demon races are one of the properties set up in the main OZZ-SMTDemons plugin.
**Labeled as triple fusion, but already supports any amount of materials.

This add-on is included and featured in the demo dowload above.

Video:
--

Plugin Download:
Download from Github

License
Use under MIT License.

Special Thanks
This thread, it's underrated.
RMN frens, for ideas.

Part of the
bestLogoEver.png

Last edited:

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I gonna try this out right away, since I wanted to do something similar to this anyway.
Does this plugin allow summoning of the actors/enemies?
Well I gonna find out soon, if you have not done so already, adding summon function would be nice.
Since I found not a single summon plugin for mz yet sadly.

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
No, this plugin doesn't do summoning, it just adds them as vanilla party members. I noticed the vanilla formation system will not work very well with that idea, but decided to ignore the issue, as it went a bit out of the scope of the plugin.

It could be done as its own separate plugin. First thing to redo would be the battle members definition, as it currently just gets the first n members out of your entire party. And that doesn't go well with being able to freely add/remove, only switching.

DrBuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is very neat. Any chances to port it to MV?

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I've developed a system where you can purchase a minion, and then kill it off. The issue is, the plugin I'm using to kill it off does not allow me to give anything to the player for doing so. So I'm also looking at systems for say, depositing said minion somewhere to be retrieved instead, and I'm wondering if that would work with this. I also have an actor cloning script, which is the big reason the plugin that kills them isn't working appropriately. I assume this plugin clones actors as well? Do you think it could serve my purposes better?

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I haven't done any special actor management system in general, right now it's piggybacking from the default formation option in the default menu, should also be compatible with any plugin that does anything with that.

The system doesn't clone actors, instead it adds a new property to them, which lets an actor mimick an enemy (features, available actions, stats). The actors' data never changes in any way. So anything that works with default actors should work fine with this.

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I assume fusion plugin questions go in this thread as well(?)
Basically, I have a couple of questions about the plugin, which I will list below:
  • The game crashes when the player enters the fusion menu with no demons. Is there any way to fix that?
    1656779657591.png
  • Game also crashes when trying to preform a fusion that doesn't result in anything.
    1656779762690.png
  • Is there any way to make the "return" and "swap" skills not appear in the demon fusion menu like picrel?
    1656779987289.png
  • Summoning demons when party is full results in a "It didn't work on *protagname*" message. Is there any way to fix that?
  • Demons don't automatically return to stock upon death so there's no way to return them to stock during battle afaik. Is there any way to make the player swap/return demons on their own?
  • How do you make a demon attack you after you, say, fail the negotiation? Just skipping the entire party's turn and going straight into enemy turn?

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi :kaopride:
  • I forgot to check for that, sorry!
  • I also forgot to check for that, also sorry!
  • Currently there's no way to filter them out but doesn't sound like a hard thing to add. Will do!
  • Not as it is, but I think it should be simple to just disable the summon skill when you have a full party. Will do!
  • Both are good answers to the issue. Return could work as a skill. While returning on death will be a new configuration option. Will do both!
  • Oh yeah, it should do that, lol. I'll take another look at it.
Sorry for all the missing features. It's been a while since I worked on this. Thanks a lot for the input. Maybe I could work on this along with the IGMC, lol? I'll see when I can do this. :kaojoy:

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi :kaopride:
  • I forgot to check for that, sorry!
  • I also forgot to check for that, also sorry!
  • Currently there's no way to filter them out but doesn't sound like a hard thing to add. Will do!
  • Not as it is, but I think it should be simple to just disable the summon skill when you have a full party. Will do!
  • Both are good answers to the issue. Return could work as a skill. While returning on death will be a new configuration option. Will do both!
  • Oh yeah, it should do that, lol. I'll take another look at it.
Sorry for all the missing features. It's been a while since I worked on this. Thanks a lot for the input. Maybe I could work on this along with the IGMC, lol? I'll see when I can do this. :kaojoy:
Thanks for the reply! Good luck in further improving the plugin :3

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ran into a couple other minor issues when trying to use the plugin with custom sprites.

For some reason, all of them had those weird graphical artifacts, despite the sprites themselves having no loose pixels lol. No idea why it happens.
1657130053000.png

You can also make multiples of the same demon and the game never really checks that. Idk if it's intentional or not but megaten games usually don't allow that.
1657130193642.png

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Huh, I thought I had accounted for duplicity, guess I didn't lol, only for the example recruitment event.

I'll be ironing out all those errors around this week, already fixed some but will finish with the rest between today and tomorrow unless something happens. I'll update when those are ready.

Thanks a lot for the reports! :kaopride:

EDIT:
Today's work. Have some stuff still pending.
DONE Fusion menu, check if no demons.
DONE Fusion without result crash.
DONE Skill filtering in result window.
DONE Check for space before summoning.
DONE Return on death.
Graphical artifacts on sprites (this I am unsure what to do, I'll just see if I can reproduce it).
DONE Implement duplicity clause (?).
EDIT2: About this one...
  • How do you make a demon attack you after you, say, fail the negotiation? Just skipping the entire party's turn and going straight into enemy turn?
Currently the battle continues normally. So I guess you mean skipping all of your party member's turns if you select talk, kind of similar to DSMT1-2 and SMT1-2? (right now I can't remember what SMT3 did, and I've barely got to play SMT5 despite buying it like 6 months ago "orz).
However an easy way to implement skipping your party's turn is to stun the whole party inside the negotiation event.

Last edited:

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Currently the battle continues normally. So I guess you mean skipping all of your party member's turns if you select talk, kind of similar to DSMT1-2 and SMT1-2? (right now I can't remember what SMT3 did, and I've barely got to play SMT5 despite buying it like 6 months ago "orz).
However an easy way to implement skipping your party's turn is to stun the whole party inside the negotiation event.
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, when the plugin is updated, will you attach it in the thread as a separate link/file or will you post the update on the plugin's existing page? Just curious as to where I can get it.

Thank you for working so hard on this :3

UPD: is there any way you can dismiss demon party members specifically? Like if you don't really need, say, some low-level goblin and just want to get rid of it?

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I will update it on Github. I'll make a post announcing the update too.

As for manually dismiss, currently there's no option on the menu (I could do one). There's a command to remove a demon, but it'd need some sort of menu or something, and in order to make a custom menu through eventing it might need some other command to check if a specific actor is a demon too, or if the slot is free.

1657298020269.png

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Update!
The following issues have been fixed.

DONE Return on death.

I'm still seeing what's happening with the graphical stuff, it did happen on my side, might be something dumb like setting the sprite's size wrong. Will be checking but for now here's the more important bug fixes related to the system's stability.

Please check the downloads at the main post, the following files in the Github repository have been updated:
- OZZ-ActorSummoning.js
- OZZ-SMTDemons Fusion.js
- SMT Demons Demo.zip

Cheers!

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update!
The following issues have been fixed.

DONE Return on death.

I'm still seeing what's happening with the graphical stuff, it did happen on my side, might be something dumb like setting the sprite's size wrong. Will be checking but for now here's the more important bug fixes related to the system's stability.

Please check the downloads at the main post, the following files in the Github repository have been updated:
- OZZ-ActorSummoning.js
- SMT Demons Demo.zip

Cheers!
Oh, this is wonderful news! Going to check this out as soon as I can!

On a side note - the plugin seems to clash with Alistair's AP distribution plugin for some reason. Whenever I recruit a demon they already have a massive amount of stat points for distribution equal to the amount of points gained when reaching their level. I suspect this has something to do with the script leveling up actors from level 1 to *demon_level*. Is there any way to fix that, or am I just better off asking Alistair about this?
1657560181878.png

1657560274243.png

It is a minor thing but I'm curious if anything can be done about this.

Once again, thank you very much for working on the plugin! A megaten tool like this is exactly what I've needed for a project of mine for a very long time!

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Got to testing the updated fuision script. It gives this error for some reason?

1657562384402.png

UPD: nvm figured it out

Last edited:

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, so, I ran into a couple other problems regarding character summoning.

The summon skill doesn't seem to work as intended, as it doesn't actually summon benched characters???
1657718061594.png
After desummoning it just stops working.
1657718135099.png

After investigating a bit, I found that the character is still there - just "invisible". However, swapping it with the main hero presented even more questions than answers.

1657718215773.png
1657718240406.png
1657718267686.png

I have no idea why this happens. Is there any way to solve this?

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi!
On a side note - the plugin seems to clash with Alistair's AP distribution plugin for some reason. Whenever I recruit a demon they already have a massive amount of stat points for distribution equal to the amount of points gained when reaching their level. I suspect this has something to do with the script leveling up actors from level 1 to *demon_level*. Is there any way to fix that, or am I just better off asking Alistair about this?
Do you have a link to Alistair's plugin? I'd need to check on his terms and conditions first before promising either a compatibility patch or a fix to my own. I think. Unless I can somehow guess well enough without looking . Kinda have a suspicion of what's happening.

Got to testing the updated fuision script. It gives this error for some reason?
Glad you figured it out, but just for the record do you remember what it was about?
Off the top of my head I can think of some parameters not initializing properly. There were a couple new stuff I added in terms of parameters for some of the plugins. Maybe I should have mentioned that... Most of the time those errors should go away just by opening the plugin configuration and clicking Ok, so the new parameters get updated with their expected default value (or tweaked to your liking, either works).

Ok, so, I ran into a couple other problems regarding character summoning.

The summon skill doesn't seem to work as intended, as it doesn't actually summon benched characters???
Will take a look on this.
After investigating a bit, I found that the character is still there - just "invisible". However, swapping it with the main hero presented even more questions than answers.
And this.

Thanks for the feedback! :kaopride:

orochii

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
This is version 3. This includes bugfixes and the introduction of stat formulas, which enables more customization than a simple % raise per level. The default comes preconfigured to a formula that does the same (tho it's a bit less intuitive of where to replace the % you want to raise). I hope this doesn't cause much issue.

DONE Summon can't be used at all lol, condition was bugged.
DONE Swap returns even if summon fails.
DONE Swap can't be used if there's no space (even if the space will be your own).
DONE Implement duplicity clause.
DONE Shouldn't be able to summon dead allies.
DONE Non-returnable actor can be swapped out of party from main menu.
DONE Added delay before appear animation.
DONE Replaced percent raise with stat formulas.

Next update (unsure atm when this will be) will finally replace Spriteset_Battle for my own custom spriteset class (just recently did a similar thing for another thing of mine), this should leave me more control over things, and more options to fix the graphical glitches, besides simplify certain things.
About the graphical glitch, funny thing is that I found out by accident (?) that if you disable the blurry smooth mode MZ uses by default with all bitmaps, it goes away.

Please check the main post for downloads. The following files have been updated:
- OZZ-ActorSummoning.js
- OZZ-SMTDemons.js
- SMT Demons Demo.zip

Cheers! :kaoswt:

Last edited:

PudginFrFr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you have a link to Alistair's plugin? I'd need to check on his terms and conditions first before promising either a compatibility patch or a fix to my own. I think. Unless I can somehow guess well enough without looking . Kinda have a suspicion of what's happening.
No problem
Glad you figured it out, but just for the record do you remember what it was about?
Off the top of my head I can think of some parameters not initializing properly. There were a couple new stuff I added in terms of parameters for some of the plugins. Maybe I should have mentioned that... Most of the time those errors should go away just by opening the plugin configuration and clicking Ok, so the new parameters get updated with their expected default value (or tweaked to your liking, either works).
I think the error was caused either by plugin misplacement or because I accidentally forgot to install an updated version of the plugin. Sorry!

P.S. Is it possible to have a side menu for benched party members like in megami tensei games/the ability to change party members outside of battle? Have a status window for the main party and then like a separate COMP/bench menu for reserve demons, who can then be added into the party using the summon command? Or is that just not possible atm?
1657993284496.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1660339609612.png
Really need to come up with better names for my folders.
rpgmakerxp wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, I saw you comment a google drive link to add a specific script to a kadowa plugin for battle voices here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attacking-defending-skills-damage-ect.119148/

I'd like to add "multiple possible battle voices" for stuff too, can you please let me know what to change cause the link isn't working.
As you get older you notice how things you always used to do is starting to cause pain XD
I've always sitted on my feet for exemple and now I've started to develop knee pains that always occur after I sit in a way that I've ALWAYS done.
And am I going to stop doing it? Eh, likely not before it is causing me massive pain....:kaoswt:
Yay me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beast-chan