Packing the game with Parallax Mapping

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by LivingTheDream, Jul 18, 2013.

1. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream Newbie Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    So. Apart from the fact that I don't understand how to pack my game without all the resources showing yet, I thought that, theoretically, if all my maps are done with parallax mapping and any other add on is collected in just one tile, who plays my game shouldn't need the RTP, should they?

The question is: if EVERYTHING is done with parallax, can I delete everything else?

And yeah, if someone could explain the game packing,

¬†[​IMG]

2. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    As long as you aren't using any of the other resources from the RTP (charsets, sprites, battlers, animations, audio...). Keep in mind that while you can map with parallax, events still have to be done in the editor, so if any of your visual events come from the RTP (flickering candles, switches, chests, NPC's, etc) then you'll either need to manually add them to the project, include the RTP, or have the player download the RTP (if they don't have it). Same with auto tiles if you decide it's easier to map them out in the editor versus parallaxing them.

3. LivingTheDream

First Language:
    Italian
    Hm. You made me remember a few things I actually cannot do without the RTP so yeah, I'll just keep working with only some of the maps done with parallax. It's my first project, y'know.

Anyway, thanks for helping me. Can you help me with the packing, also?

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You can remove the check for the RTP by removing the RTP line on the game.ini... that way, you don't need to add the whole RTP or make the user download the RTP...

Then just import the RTP files that you need...

5. LivingTheDream

First Language:
    Italian
    And what about not showing my resources to who downloads the game?

6. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Encrypt the project when compressing it.