Packing the game with Parallax Mapping

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
So. Apart from the fact that I don't understand how to pack my game without all the resources showing yet, I thought that, theoretically, if all my maps are done with parallax mapping and any other add on is collected in just one tile, who plays my game shouldn't need the RTP, should they?

The question is: if EVERYTHING is done with parallax, can I delete everything else?

And yeah, if someone could explain the game packing,

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As long as you aren't using any of the other resources from the RTP (charsets, sprites, battlers, animations, audio...). Keep in mind that while you can map with parallax, events still have to be done in the editor, so if any of your visual events come from the RTP (flickering candles, switches, chests, NPC's, etc) then you'll either need to manually add them to the project, include the RTP, or have the player download the RTP (if they don't have it). Same with auto tiles if you decide it's easier to map them out in the editor versus parallaxing them.

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hm. You made me remember a few things I actually cannot do without the RTP so yeah, I'll just keep working with only some of the maps done with parallax. It's my first project, y'know.

Anyway, thanks for helping me. Can you help me with the packing, also?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can remove the check for the RTP by removing the RTP line on the game.ini... that way, you don't need to add the whole RTP or make the user download the RTP...

Then just import the RTP files that you need...

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
And what about not showing my resources to who downloads the game?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Encrypt the project when compressing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme