Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
portada_gamejolt.png

Panacea is a story-driven mystery game where you play as a vampire who works at a hotel for monsters, in order to find a rumored elixir that will give you back your humanity.

WARNING: This game contains psychological horror elements and bloody scenes.

SYNOPSIS:

Lacrima is a young woman who is turned into a vampire against her will and wishes to regain her humanity. One day, she hears a rumor about a certain elixir, known as the panacea, which is kept in a monster hotel in the middle of the woods. In order to find clues for it, Lacrima manages to get a job at the hotel and begins her search while slowly getting closer to her coworkers. But she must be careful... since, should her true intentions be discovered, things could take a turn for the worse.

Will she succeed at finding a cure to turn back into a human or will she remain a vampire for the rest of her life?

SCREENSHOTS:

FEATURES:
  • A female protagonist
  • A hotel full of beast-like creatures
  • Cool illustrations for epic scenes!
  • Dialogue, lots and lots of dialogue... and thinking monologues
  • A good amount of comedy, because even dramatic stories can be funny
  • A story-rich mystery adventure with around 1 hour of play-through (demo)
  • A Blackjack mini-game that tests your courage to wager
  • Money. Wait, what? I didn't write this one...

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I like the original concept you have for an rpg maker game and your art is nice. I also like the screenshot of the outside of the hotel. But the screenshot on the inside seems rather bland and empty, i'd like to see some more inside maps to be sure :) (also, you last screenshot doesn't seem to work!)

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the original concept you have for an rpg maker game and your art is nice. I also like the screenshot of the outside of the hotel. But the screenshot on the inside seems rather bland and empty, i'd like to see some more inside maps to be sure :) (also, you last screenshot doesn't seem to work!)
Hello, hello! I just changed the screenshot from the lobby that looked bland and empty and replaced it with another one (the one where Livi is saying "You're WAY too relaxed"). Do you think this one looks better? Also re-uploaded the screenshots just in case, I wonder what happened before when the last one wasn't seen o_O. Are they all visible now?

Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy you like my art!! :LZSblush:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Definitely better :) The other screenshot seemed like the room was way too big and empty. Now it looks better, but maybe still a bit too many shades of brown/green/grey except for the characters so nothing really pops out.

Anyway, that said, looks like a solid and interesting project :)

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely better :) The other screenshot seemed like the room was way too big and empty. Now it looks better, but maybe still a bit too many shades of brown/green/grey except for the characters so nothing really pops out.

Anyway, that said, looks like a solid and interesting project :)
Yeah, mapping is probably my weakest point :yswt: I agree that the lobby is a bit too big and has a lot of brown and green. I'll try to improve the maps for the full version's 1st chapter, since Panacea will be episodic :LZSsmile:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick message to mention that Panacea now has a new demo with updated maps and assets!! There are also some changes to events and dialogue :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi