Pandora

Discussion in 'RGSSx Scripts In Development' started by Faherya, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Faherya

Faherya The Knight of the Sad Figure Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

[​IMG]
    Hello, how are you? My name is Pandora and I will be your new personal assistant. I can perform simple tasks like doing a search on the internet, open your profile on social networks and even look for specific things like videos on Youtube. But do not worry, I will not access any personal data. I will not have access to your passwords or any registration you keep on your computer. In the future I will be able to do much more and with better precision. Until then, come and meet me and we will grow together!

[​IMG]

Pandora
    is a project created for studies. I started recently to train my skills in programming, pixel art and development in general. It also seemed like a good opportunity to show people who doubt the potential of RPG Maker that you can, yes, create almost anything with the program.

[​IMG]

At this time, Pandora is able to perform searches on Google, Facebook and Youtube by sending commands to your default browser. It is also able to recognize you automatically after your first visit so you do not have to register (a.k.a save / load the game) every time you start it. Pandora also has a calendar and will remember your birthday.

One thing that should be clear is: Pandora offers no risk to the user's machine or the information contained therein. It does not receive or send information outside the browser, and in this, it does the same as the user would do: accessing a link with the search information and / or the page.

[​IMG]

At this early stage, the Pandora interface is totally utilitarian. The commands and information are shown by the default RPG Maker message system. In future versions, Pandora will have its own (inter)face. However, for the curious on duty, here are images of the current state:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who still do not understand: Pandora is not a game. It is software developed with RPG Maker VX Ace. Initially, it is not what can be called efficient. She does not do anything you can not do faster, but let's face it, it's a lot more fun the way she does. There is no forecast for the final release or even for a Demo. However, because it is a program that works differently on different machines, interested in doing tests will always be welcome. If you would like to test - in the future - just manifest yourself in this topic. As soon as Pandora combs her hair and finds a beautiful outfit, we will get in touch with you.

To do list:

• Create an internal browser.
    • Install a TTS (Text to Speech) module.
    • Create the machine learning module.
    • Create Web Spiders to accumulate information about the user.
    • Install a file management module.

FAQ:

Who is behind Pandora?

The project is being developed - like learning and hobby - just for me. However, I am part of a team called Puffy Team whose members are constantly offering support. If Pandora develops enough she can become a 'team project' and then, who knows, one day, become something great.

Will this software be paid?
    No. Pandora will be free and probably open-source software. However, DEMO versions will be distributed encoded because the internal code is in chaos. Pandora will be very angry if you try to decrypt the project and will start screaming and alert the entire neighborhood. Seriously, do not do that.

This is very interesting and I want to test it now!
    Slow down there, young grasshopper. You can express your interest at any time, but there is no forecast for the release of the first versions.

Does Pandora use any machine learning algorithm?
    No, but in the future she should use it. Nothing better for an assistant than knowing the one she works for, right?

This program looks suspicious.
    If any moderator wants to receive an unencrypted Demo to prove that Pandora offers no risk to the user, just let me know.

Did you give up on the other project? The one you were using Sharm's graphics on?
    No way. In fact, it is with almost 50% of everything ready. However, it will only be released here when I have more than 90% completed. Because it is a commercial game, the presentation of it will not be so informal.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I know that this isn't a game, but man, I would LOVE to see the game that started with an introduction like that!! It reminds me a bit of Quantic Dream's Kara.

Well, for what it is, Pandora looks really cool!! I hope (and assume) that users will be able to type stuff in rather than using the search-for-the-letters system that RPG Maker offers by default. It's pretty amazing to see something like this joining the ranks of RPG Maker works in our community, and who knows what kind of User Interface or Aritifical Intelligence breakthroughs you may make along the way!

I wish you the absolutely best of luck with this, and I might be up for thoroughly testing it out at a later phase.

Faherya likes this.
  3. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pandora... Can I see your box? is it as full of evil, wonder and mystery as the legends state?

In all seriousness, this is a pretty cool idea. Good luck :)

Faherya likes this.
  4. Faherya

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Wavelength Ha ha, Kara really looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the link, I did not know. And yes, you will be able to use the keyboard for your searches. There are even some systems like this for Ace, but they are incompatible for a reason that I still do not know. I will have to adapt or make a new one.

@?????? So far I think she only hides the cables and chargers in the box, but who knows. I also can not see. Thank you. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    ?????? likes this.
  5. Faherya

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    >> Update: First Beta!
    • No need of a external key.
    • I've created* a site where you can directly download this demo. Unfortunately the contact form is still not working.
    • This version still uses the utility interface and Jet10985 code to enable the mouse.

* The design was completely done by HTML5 UP, so it's just an adaptation. It is possible that there are some grammatical errors in the texts of the site. If you find any, please let me know.

>> Update:

• Pandora left the RPG Maker.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018