of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
a2523985b7.jpg

a2525413a0.jpg

Paradog is a short game created for Learning Together Game Jam.

Take time around 5-10min of gameplay. Real short.

Story entwined between a dog and some cute Halloween creatures.

Can you endure the Horror Cutiness?

Window ver. (78mb)
Mac ver. (78mb)

Plugins & help from

Bluebooth
DreamX
Galv
Hudell
Galenmereth
Moghunter
Mr.Trivel
Sasuke KANNAZUKI
Soulpour777
SumRndmDde
Terrax
Yanfly - YEP
Yoji Ojima

Music: http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music 

Font:

November by Tepid Monkey Fonts

BLOX by Brian Kent

Cheers, and Happy Halloween!

Game Jam Experience

So what did I learn. Man can't count. Time management is the most vital, considering this game take me around 1-2days to complete. And how to deal with "Perfectionist" innerself. I took around 2 days for this, I think around 70% of final quality, which I think will take me a whole month for it to be PERFECTO. 

Theory aside, technically I know how to use eventing trigger with smoother control. This game consist only 1 map hence most of the events have more than 5 pages, might go to 9 pages sometimes. It's suffering, but glorious once you sort it out.

Finally, with the feeling of gratitude, I can't even make 10% of this game without Plugin Coder above. Many thanks!

Cheers, Happy Halloween & Learning!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sekunri

Creator of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks well done from what I see. I can't wait to give it a shot.

Kind of rushing to finish my project now... I may end up only releasing a proof of concept ;-;

Time Management is indeed as vital as you said.

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
I know @Sekunri. I'm hours late for another competition ended by 30th. *patting*

SquirrelShounen

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Really liked it! The graphics are very nice looking, and overall it looks really polished.

The twist at the end was kinda unexpected and really cute.

It's a good experience, congratulations for making it, especially in such a short time for this jam!

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Thank you @SquirrelShounen! This is only an Alpha so let me know if you found any bugs or grammar issue with it! Thanks again!

skeezixs1

Skeezixs1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other competition? where would be a good place to look for others? I found this fun and after doing this one I have a better idea of what others will probably be doing and can plan accordingly lol. Looking forward to trying yours next when I get home right now at work I think my co-workers would look at me weird if I played a game.

eslabon

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This game is super cute!

I loved the twist at the end. I didn't expect that kind of emotional content from this sort of game. It was perfect!

I am running out of time now, but I may go through and help a little with grammar later.

Thank you for the game, it was great!

skeezixs1

Skeezixs1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah the game was great, and I liked the art style it was simple yet detailed. Everything seemed to be working just fine. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!
I hope your life going smoothly. I wish you do not find difficulty today. It's time to take action. Wish everyone take a break from the usual emotional intensity of social media and simply enjoy the sunshine and light conversation with others. Take action when you see that things are flagging.
okay, i experimented with some more fonts, let me know if theyre easier to read and if you have a preference!

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celesh