josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For those of you who are familiar with Diablo 3s paragon level system... I want to set something like this up for my game. I have a few ideas of how to go about it but I want to see if anyone has some feedback.

So basically when a character hits lvl 50... I want them to max lvl. At this point they will no longer gain traditional levels. However, they will gain paragon levels, which will give them incremental stat increases with a much greater exp cost.

Anyone have any approaches or plugins that would be useful.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From what I remember, the paragon system was almost like a "stat distribution system", wasn't it? I imagine a quick google search would yield a multitude of results of that kind.
However, you could also just adjust all the stat gains post level 50 to be more... well, whatever you think it should be, and instead alter it so that at level 50, it suddenly requires a huge amount more to level.

To accomplish that, you could leverage Hime's Exp Tables.
The stat gains would have to be manually handled by you via the editor, though.

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have spent a lot of time working on this. Hime's Exp Tables didn't really work for me. I tried to use Yanfly's subclass plugin with their class change plugin. This seems to get me close as I can use the subclass as a paragon level system.

I'm a bit snagged with having unlimited levels on my subclass. I also am using the stat allocate plugin, but I'm having difficulty setting it up so that I gain the allocatable points when I want to. I have been trying to use job points too but those aren't really attached to experience.

Let me be super clear about exactly how I want it to work and maybe that will help me get some good suggestions:

1) Level up to 50, unlock paragon levels
2) Every paragon level gain gives an actor +1 stat that is allocatable
3) Paragon levels need to basically be unlimited but just scale to the point where the gain is super slow at a certain point.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VicArt