Yitzi Litt

Made Nepenthe — An RPG that's one giant dad-joke
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to get a parallax effect that moves in the direction the player goes, but slower
If that's impossible, I would be happy if the parallax scroll stops when the character stops.
example:

(I only want one bg layer, not as many as shown here) How would I accomplish that?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is the default function of the parallax and set up in the map properties.
Set your background picture as parallax and leave the upper part of the map with transparent tiles.
Then it should automatically do this (depending on what you set in the map properties)

Yitzi Litt

Made Nepenthe — An RPG that's one giant dad-joke
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way it works by default is that either it doesn't move or does move, regardless of player movement. I would like it to follow the player, but at 0.5 speed, to make it look more realistically 3d

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you did something wrong with the settings - can you give us a screenshot of the map properties and tell us how big the parallax image is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusCryo