fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Parallax Mapping a Large Seamless Forest

Ever wanted to include an extra large forest into your game with seamless transitions between maps? Sure, having one big forest can be one way to achieve the cohesion you're looking for, but if you're parallax mapping - that'll come with a lot of lag. Instead, why not split up the map into many smaller maps that effortlessly blend into each other?

You Will Need...

In addition to the default RTP, the tileset I am using comes from the wonderfully talented PandaMaru!

Part 1

This is the introduction to the tutorial. I'll also create the basic skeleton we'll use and import it into Photoshop.

Part 2

This is a crazy long video in which I decorate the forest with trees, foliage, a house, the pathway, and more. The original YouTube description contains a Table of Contents you can click through for easier navigation.

Here's a Sped Up Version

In case you don't want to bother with my 1 hour 40 minute one.

Part 3

Let's put the maps into your game!

Part 4

We're finally done! Here I show you the final product and wrap up some loose ends.

This video is honestly optional. It's just me adding events for 40 minutes ;)  You can probably skip it!

(Plus my mic is breaking the entire time, so the audio's not great either...)

Last edited by a moderator:

tejam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the wonderful video series, it helped alot

but...........

Waiting on episode 4.................. D:<

haha

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your tutorials :)

You are one of the main reasons why I can now do parallax mapping for my games. Thank you for that, I hope you keep making these.

Zero2505

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Beautiful videos Fallenlorelei! These have help me out so much with Parallax Mapping, keep up the great work!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Cosmetix.gif

Hey man, why don't you do some progress on your game? Oh, because you'd rather wake up at 5am and spend the night making a cosmetics system for your side view battlers? Ok.
spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:
To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimothyBlott