theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to create a second floor map, add the map of the first floor as a parallax background so the player can see it underneath them. I took a screencap of just the map, made it 816 x 816 and a transparent png. But in the editor, it appears with a yellow exclamation mark and it only shows the top left portion of the map (even when I set the width and height of the second floor to the same of the first floor.). Is there a fix for this? Any advice would help!Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the size of your map in tiles?
and you didn't disable the parallax itself, that is needed for use of the background picture as a map.

cotodigital

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you open the file again in Photoshop/whatever editor and export again? Maybe the file is corrupted.

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the size of your map in tiles?
and you didn't disable the parallax itself, that is needed for use of the background picture as a map.
Both maps are 10 x 10, I'm hoping to use the first map as a background to give it the illusion that the players are above the first floor.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when doing parallax mapping, the picture sizes, map sizes and screen sizes have to match or be compatible.

816x816 is 17x17 tiles, not 10x10.

additionally, minimal map size is screen size - the engine reacts very badly if you make maps smaller than yor project's screen size (with default 48 pixel per tile and default 816x624 screen size the minimum map size is 17x13 tiles).

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it working! Changed the image size to 480 x 480, since the conversion is 48 pixels per tile. Thanks for the help!

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scratch that, does not work! Looks nice in the editor at least. Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.05 - 20.21.15.65.png

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just going to recreate the first floor map, then change the bridges' 4 directional collisions so it's not possible for them to walk on it, then add a shadow layer to give it the illusion of being under the player. Modern problems require caveman solutions!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scratch that, does not work!
what does not work?
if you had given an error description, we might have been able to tell you what to correct.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@theweirdnerd, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Are you just setting the background using the parallax setting in the map properties, or are you using a plugin?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiear12d