Parallax background map shifts one tile in test play.

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
HI, please spare me this madness. I have an image I am using for my map as a parallax BG. The problem is if I add an ! to the file name to anchor the BG the BGT shifts one tile right, cuts off the last 48px of the background and applies the cut off part of the graphic to the left most (first) tile column. Also without the ! the map issue above dose not occur but all tileset and event tiles used are misaligned one tile right in reference to the BG parallax. HOW DO!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that means your parallax has the wrong size for the map.

mapsize in tiles multiplied by pixel per tile gives the parallax size in pixel.
if the picture size is not 48 pixel multiplied by the map size, effects like the one you described will happen.

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
that means your parallax has the wrong size for the map.

mapsize in tiles multiplied by pixel per tile gives the parallax size in pixel.
if the picture size is not 48 pixel multiplied by the map size, effects like the one you described will happen.
Yes indeed. I thought it was matching sizes but after your assessment I added 2 more tiles to the map width so the sizes did indeed match and poof, no more stupid. Thank you Andar!

Attachments

• Untitledgame12_23.png
    Untitledgame12_23.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neikoku