Parallax background map shifts one tile in test play.

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
HI, please spare me this madness. I have an image I am using for my map as a parallax BG. The problem is if I add an ! to the file name to anchor the BG the BGT shifts one tile right, cuts off the last 48px of the background and applies the cut off part of the graphic to the left most (first) tile column. Also without the ! the map issue above dose not occur but all tileset and event tiles used are misaligned one tile right in reference to the BG parallax. HOW DO!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that means your parallax has the wrong size for the map.

mapsize in tiles multiplied by pixel per tile gives the parallax size in pixel.
if the picture size is not 48 pixel multiplied by the map size, effects like the one you described will happen.

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
that means your parallax has the wrong size for the map.

mapsize in tiles multiplied by pixel per tile gives the parallax size in pixel.
if the picture size is not 48 pixel multiplied by the map size, effects like the one you described will happen.
Yes indeed. I thought it was matching sizes but after your assessment I added 2 more tiles to the map width so the sizes did indeed match and poof, no more stupid. Thank you Andar!

Attachments

• Untitledgame12_23.png
    Untitledgame12_23.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you spend hours working on an optional segment that players will only be in for 2 minutes in a single playthrough. That's the life right there.
I had a kernel panic crash on my current computer for the first time after trying out the latest update on a videogame. I think I'm going to wait until the next update before trying it again. This brought back memories of my old computer and laptop in their final days.
My mind is now broken. I just spent over an hour on this stupid issue.
Trying to get a skill to show text depending on enemy ID to show passives.
Well. I tried to call one passive 'Spirit's Way'. See a problem? No? Neither did I until now!
The apostrophe in "Spirit's" ended the text eval... no wonder I kept getting unexpected input errors...I think I'm gonna cry.
Anterograde Fantasy now has a demo build available!

You know you've been working on RPGMaker for a while when you go to move your projects to a 16 GB USB drive and get told not enough space to do this operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VexingTrack2