Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am wondering how can I make the scrolling background on the airship to not repeat the image and make it on going horizontal?

(alike the Final Fantasy VII high wind has a scrolling image of grass and you cannot see it if it's a actual image repeating itself)

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need a seamless image for the visual effect to work.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, unless I have misunderstood what you are saying, it is not possible to have an image which scrolls and never repeats itself, unless it is infinitely long.  You can certainly make it wider than your map so that it takes longer to start over again, and you should make it so that it seamlessly loops.  That way the player won't see where the beginning is when it comes round again.

To make it go horizontal go to Map Properties, select your parallax graphic and check the box 'Loop Horizontal'.  Pick your speed.

EDIT

ninja'd by a microsecond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please set this in the map properties in the parallax background settings

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How can I make a seamless image properly? I can resize a image, but it's just still the same, you can see it restarting. What am I doing wrong?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll need to take it into an image editor or provide the image and ask someone to edit it to make it seamless in the resource request subforum. Making it seamless will require essentially matching up two ends of the image and making it impossible to tell when it starts and ends.

Spirographic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you have GIMP, there's an automatic way to produce seamless imagery with the "Make Seamless" filter in the Map section of filter options.

Albeit, it doesn't look too good if you're using too crisp of lines in your image, which clouds often do. Alternatively, you can manually make your image loop properly, which is more of a hassle, but it's worth it IMO.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshikosai