Parallax Backgrounds

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Xine, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Xine

Xine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello All, 

I'm pretty new to this whole thing and have found a plethora of information regarding everything under the sun. I'm still in the experimenting phase of playing around with RMMV, but what I was trying to do was add a different parallax background. 

The idea, was that I just took the Darkspace1 and changed it to grayscale to give kind of a basic foggy look for inside a cave. I saved a copy of the original parallax and made sure all of the dimensions are correct and then saved the finished product inside the parallax folder but it doesn't show up in the editor to be set. 

I'm just trying to get the background, not diving into parallax mapping yet. 

Thanks for the advice! 

PS I've also attached a copy of the 'fog map' 

Greyfog.png

2. Xine

Xine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So apparently, if you're using the steam version of the game, if you have things saved to the game path, it won't load in the game. 

What I found was that you have to actually move, in my case the parallax background into your project file in order for it to recognize it.

So my game dir is in I: ... common/rpgmaker and the project location is in c:/users/(username)/my documents/games/project#

There were other files in the DLC folder from the game dir that I moved into their respective folders and are now recognized in my project. 

Hope this helps somebody!

3. Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, this is how RM has always worked (or at least the last few). You need to put all the files you want to use in your project -- you should also remove any files you're NOT using, to decrease the size.