Parallax Error

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by El_Mega, Oct 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. El_Mega

El_Mega Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I just added a parallax to my RPG folder and when I test run it, I noticed that the parallax does not show up right away. It only shows up after the conversation between the players in the event ends. Is there any help I can get?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you adding it via the map? How big is the image, in MB? MV loads asynchronously, so in some cases will not wait for things to load.

Assuming you mean "the conversation between the players" is the opening cutscene that plays as soon as the map loads. If not, what is "the event" and how are you showing the parallax?

3. El_Mega

El_Mega Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I added it via the map settings, here is a screenshot of where I copy pasted the Par PNG file. The image is 399KB or 0.399MB. Yes, it is a cutscene and it only appears after the cutscene ends. We're showing the parallax through <par> in map properties Note.

Attached Files:

• par.png
      par.png
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So ... there is a parallax setting on the map properties - why are you not using that? Map notes are meaningless without a plugin. What plugin are you using that loads a parallax from the map notes?

It is likely something to do with the plugin.