csevans84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Im trying to bind to map but the image isn't moving and I am starting in the wrong place. I can walk and see objects pass by but I'm still on the roof.Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.36.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-17 at 3.59.38 PM.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Several questions to find out where you got wrong:

what is the size of the map in tiles?
what is the size of the parallax background in pixel?
what is the filename of the parallac background picture?
what is the size of the picture you're trying to bind in pixel?

Which version of the plugin do you have installed?
what version is your project core?
what version is your editor?

csevans84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
65 x 91
3120 x 4368
Map 53
3120 x 4368
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 5.58.38 PM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, let's start with the first things you did wrong.

1) you never disabled the parallax movement, that is why your actor stands and goes wrong.
Please check the help file on parallax mapping - the background file used for the ground has to have a filename that begins with a ! to disable the parallax (which is a move function, the original meaning of parallax has absolutely nothing to do with mapping).

Additionally, NEVER use spaces in filenames when making a HTML5-based game like MV games. That will cause problems sooner or later because the browser was never designed to handle spaces in filenames.
Rename it to !Map_53 or something like that.

2) not errors, but two comments:
a) your parallax is rather large. It will work on most modern computers, but it will never work on mobiles and older computers with limited RAM might also lag a lot.
b) if you really want to make good maps with parallaxes, you should learn how to use tileset passabilities with parallaxes. To use that region restrict plugin instead for region passability blocks is not only a lazy workaround, you loose a lot of options from tileset passability and have to have an additional plugin that is basically not needed for true parallax mapping.

3) you never answered my questions about editor version and project core version (PROJECT core, NOT yanfly core).
And that could very well be the other cause for your problems because if I remember correctly the bind to map plugin does not work well with later core versions.

EDIT:
4) Kaus has been banned for multiple copyright thefts.
Most people changed to Orange overlay due to that. Orange Overlay was specifically written to use the same functions and configurations as Kaus' Overlay exactly to make replacing the questionable resource with a guaranteed legal plugin easier.

Also why do you have both? Bind picture to map is not needed if you use an overlay plugin

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
both versions? I asked for two numbers (editor and project core) which might or might not be identical.

also I added two edits to my post above, please read them - especially the one about bindpictureto map being absolutely useless if you have an overlay plugin (and most likely the overlay disables the bind picture plugin as wll)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowking1901