Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day everyone.
i have a problem with parallax mapping
When I do a map that is smaller than the screen resolution then the map should be black on the sides but what happens is that the map is used again to fill in the area that should be black can anyone please help

thanks
1627322108196.png

superkoopa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hmm, from my own experience, I usually have to match the size of the map with the size of the parallax, otherwise this looping happens. If you want the black boarders then I'd suggest filling in the remaining space of the parallax with the black boarders yourself, it's what I do!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a map that is smaller than the screen resolution
that is your mistake, and that has nothing to do with parallax mapping.

all makers always had problems when the map is smaller than the screen size.

and the solution is to make the map bigger.If the map is needed in that small size, then place black tiles around but make sure that the number of tiles is at least as much as the screen size of the game.

Oh - and you should make sure that the screen size is a multiple of the tile size because otherwise there will be other distortions because the engine also has probllems with partial tiles.

shepard82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply.
Seems it is all I can do.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samuca07