Parallax Map Script Request

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by KiraK320, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KiraK320

KiraK320 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just upgraded from VX to VX ACE, and I really need a parallax mapping script for VX ACE. I always used Hanzo Kimura's Ultimate Parallax Mapping Script for VX, but I'm not sure if there's a version of this for VX ACE, or if it's even the best one to use! I'd really appreciate some help. I need a parallax mapping script that's relatively simple to understand/use (Like HK's), as I'm still a huge newbie...

2. GGZiron

GGZiron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  4. KiraK320

KiraK320 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh, I don't want to lock parallax backgrounds. What I want is to basically do the thing where you create your map in a separate program such as GIMP, and then export the layers of the map to your game files so that it appears in your game. It allows for more creativity when placing objects and such. Like I said, I used to use Hanzo Kimura's Ultimate Overlay Mapping script to do mapping in VX, but now that I have VX ACE I need a new script that's easy to understand and use, like HK's. The only problem is I'm not sure HK did a script like that for VX ACE, which is why I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to do that kind of mapping in VX ACE. :)