Parallax Map Script Request

KiraK320

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just upgraded from VX to VX ACE, and I really need a parallax mapping script for VX ACE. I always used Hanzo Kimura's Ultimate Parallax Mapping Script for VX, but I'm not sure if there's a version of this for VX ACE, or if it's even the best one to use! I'd really appreciate some help. I need a parallax mapping script that's relatively simple to understand/use (Like HK's), as I'm still a huge newbie...

KiraK320

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If all you want to do is to use a parallax and have it 'lock' so that it doesn't move around with the player, then try this one by Yanfly.
https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Utility/Parallax_Lock.rb

The one mentioned by GGZiron looks good, but may be more complicated than you are looking for at the moment.
Oh, I don't want to lock parallax backgrounds. What I want is to basically do the thing where you create your map in a separate program such as GIMP, and then export the layers of the map to your game files so that it appears in your game. It allows for more creativity when placing objects and such. Like I said, I used to use Hanzo Kimura's Ultimate Overlay Mapping script to do mapping in VX, but now that I have VX ACE I need a new script that's easy to understand and use, like HK's. The only problem is I'm not sure HK did a script like that for VX ACE, which is why I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to do that kind of mapping in VX ACE. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aww these times when you feel alone, abandonned and lack the self awareness you don't even read anymore your favorite of all forum. Sorry all!
Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neotek7