AmieLK

Tired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all! So I've gotten into parallax mapping, and thus far it works great. I have no issues with player mobility, binding the picture to the map, etc etc. It all works just fine. The issue is that when I set the player's starting position anywhere where the starting framing wouldn't be the top left 17x13 (aka the map would have to scroll a little to follow the character's position), the game still starts at the top left, then hops down to where the character is. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Again, the map and graphics themselves are working just fine. Just gotta get rid of the hop!

Parallax layered pictures set up for reference:
upload_2019-2-21_13-22-59.png

Using the Bind To Map plug in plus Yanfly's region restrictions plug in, too. No other scripts active.

Thank you!

EDIT: Fixed it. Apparently I needed to remove the actual parallax background. Weird. But it works now! So really my only question is the extra bonus question.

EXTRA BONUS QUESTION:
Is there a way to have a picture bound to below_characters change? Like say I had three different below_characters pictures I wanted to loop perpetually like a normal animation--is there a way to make that happen? I'm trying to avoid having to remake a tileset to animate or lay down about 248172914 events just to make stuff pretty.

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember i read that in rm2k they did not erase the pictures, waited and than showed the next one, because that was not efficient in that old maker.
They used the eventcommand move picture to make the picture transparent or non transparent, it read like a good way to do it.

You need parallel Event or common Event.
Code:
If Var404 = 0
Move Picture ID3 Set Transparent in 1 Frame
Move Picture ID1 Set NON Transparent in 1 Frame
end
If Var404 = 1
Move Picture ID1 Set Transparent in 1 Frame
Move Picture ID2 Set NON Transparent in 1 Frame
end
If Var404 = 2
Move Picture ID2 Set Transparent in 1 Frame
Move Picture ID3 Set NON Transparent in 1 Frame,
end
Control Variables add 1 to Var404
If Var404 equal to 3, if yes set Var404 to 0
Wait 4 Frames ??? You have to test which amount of wait creates the optimal animation for you.

The good thing is, you can use it no matter what the Pictures are. Because the command just changes the picture ids values, and therfor doesnt need the file path assigned.

(Not Tested, its all theory, let us know if it works)

AmieLK

Tired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooooohhhh. That's good theory, tho. Gives me an idea for sort of a slow opacity decrease add-on to animated frame rotations. Might have to just do it by hand in my painting program, though. Or I might not have to, but it could save me approximately 18 headaches, hah.

I've been poking at OrangeOverlay and the Tsukitsune addon, and it's been working fine. Adds more scripts and layers though, so I'm gonna try and see if I can pare it down to just OrangeOverlay or just BindPicture. I think having both is probably excessive.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthew_skull