Parallax Mapping - center a picture?

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like the title says, I'm having problem centering a picture onto a map. I've tried the two most obvious solutions, being setting the picture at 0,0 (upper left corner). That would've worked in MV but it doesn't in RM2K3. Then I tried dividing the picture size by 2 and setting the picture that way, but that doesn't center it either.

I feel like I've tried everything logical I could think of but I can't seem to find where the pictures anchor point to the map is? it seems "kinda... off"?

Does anyone know?

goldrat1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your parallax picture is the same dimensions/resolution of the map, putting a ! at the start of the name of the parallax image should centre it properly.

Edit: just realised you aren't in MV. I'm not sure about 2003, but it still might work...

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try setting it to 160,120. That's the default picture position when 2k3 boots up, at least for me, and it's always worked in my experience.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@goldrat1
Yeah unfortunally I don't think that works in RM2K3.

@Windyhouser
Hm, That's a bit random but it's worth a shot. Thanks for the input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_L7