Kimimant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello makers,
I have a problem with game crashes when my game loads the pictures I need for my "parallaxmaps".

A week ago I started to use this technique for my maps and it looked beautiful so I began to rework all my maps.

I use these following plugins for my maps:

What I do is that I take a mapshot with the OrangeMapshot plugin by Hudell and edit it in Photoshop.
Then I save 3 images of the basic map layer.

!Revonfeste - Thronsaal_1bottom.png

The overlay layer for textures above the characters.
!Revonfeste - Thronsaal_2top.png

And finally the shadow layer.
!Revonfeste - Thronsaal_3shadow.png

Then create an event with these pictures being shown and delete the event.
ERROR_event.jpg

But I still use the normal map for the collisions 'n stuff.

I tested out some maps and after about 3 maptransfers (not even different maps)
At first it appeared to be a memory overflow error with these tons of images being loaded into the cache but then I don't understand the error message.
I use the PreloadManager because I don't want these 5 or 10 frames delay in which the images don't show up and it should have something to do with the loading as not even the loading screen shows up.

This is the error message I was able to take before it disappeared because of the crash.
ERROR.jpg

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Do this happen on a new project without plugins?

It might be the plugins cause the issue.

Kimimant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Yes, it crashed but you're halfway right. The plugins are not the source of the problem themselves.

I did some tests on the amount of events and found out that it should be a memory overflow error. The crashes are depending on how many events or more likely the processes are loaded.

I closed all processes in the background and everything worked just fine.

So it seems to be a performance issue within the game as my rig works perfectly smooth with 16GB RAM.

But I'll figure it out somehow.

Thanks for your reply Victor Sant. ;)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugins COULD be the source of the problem, if they are trying to do something without taking into account that the image may not be loaded yet.

What size (pixels or tiles) are your images? If they're very big, it will take a long time to load them, and it will use up a lot of memory. If you do this over several maps, you might find my cache clearing plugin handy.

Kimimant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Now that you mention it this sounds so obvious.

The crashes are more likely when it's trying to load bigger maps.

I didn't know there is a plugin for this.

I already tried to set the PreloadManager to the top of the plugin list. But the essential .js files like rpg_manager.js have a higher priority than plugins and load the map before the resources are ready. Ok. Understood.

Thank you! I'll try out your plugin!

Kimimant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thanks Shaz, I think it worked for me. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payforassignments