Parallax Mapping Hang Up

OrihaTanoko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe it isn't because I'm Parallax mapping, but it's the only theory I have because this hasn't happened before.

When I go to switch in between my games maps, there is a hang up between the maps. It's hard to explain so I put a video showing what happens with this. I was wondering how to stop that from happening.

View attachment bandicam 2016-09-16 09-31-30-846.avi

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think we'll need more information to be able to help. First off, what exactly is the hang up? I see a bust appear - is there supposed to be text there as well? Or am I not seeing something?

Also, does this happen at every map transfer or only particular ones? I assume you're using scripts for parallaxing - which ones?

OrihaTanoko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think we'll need more information to be able to help. First off, what exactly is the hang up? I see a bust appear - is there supposed to be text there as well? Or am I not seeing something?

Also, does this happen at every map transfer or only particular ones? I assume you're using scripts for parallaxing - which ones?

Ah it's not the bust. That was just there because I haven't done anything with it yet. It's changing in between the maps itself. It's faint and hard to see, but when the maps are switching from the room to the hall, in between that change very briefly a picture of the room comes back faintly before fading away into the hallway. I have Yanfly's script so I can lock the parallax map to the tiles so it scrolls with the tiles, and I have one that I don't really understand the instructions to yet so I've just been using the parallax maps as the parallax background image. It only happens when switching between two maps that both have a parallax map on them. If I switch from a parallax to one done with just normal tiling in the editor, there isn't any problem. Same goes for non parallax to non parallax. 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've watched that video a couple of times and can't actually see the problem.  However, try this.

Fadeout command (tab 2, Event Command Menu)

Use the Transfer Player command from the menu, i.e. not the quick create, and change the fadeout command in the dialogue box to 'None'.  You don't want 2 fadeouts.

Fadein command from the Menu.

What this does is ensure that your transfer happens while the player cannot see what's going on, so any visual changes take place while the screen is blacked out.  It takes up no more time than the ordinary transfer.

However, that doesn't address the question of why this is happening.  I use Yanfly's script and don't have this problem.  If you are using that, you do not need a second one, and that could be why you are having problems.  I would delete/disable that second one and see if it solves the issue.

OrihaTanoko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've watched that video a couple of times and can't actually see the problem.  However, try this.

Fadeout command (tab 2, Event Command Menu)

Use the Transfer Player command from the menu, i.e. not the quick create, and change the fadeout command in the dialogue box to 'None'.  You don't want 2 fadeouts.

Fadein command from the Menu.

What this does is ensure that your transfer happens while the player cannot see what's going on, so any visual changes take place while the screen is blacked out.  It takes up no more time than the ordinary transfer.

However, that doesn't address the question of why this is happening.  I use Yanfly's script and don't have this problem.  If you are using that, you do not need a second one, and that could be why you are having problems.  I would delete/disable that second one and see if it solves the issue.

The fadeout and the fadein helped just like you suggested. However I did disable the other one and it didn't fix the problem. But thank you for the advice on using fadeout and fadein separate from transfer player. ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally returning to one of my least favorite parts of game deving - mapping.
Me, adding new map: Okay, so this map will be the - wait...Map 501?! O.O E-excuse me?!
So, yup...breaking into the 500's for map count. Some are placeholders for now, since I haven't gotten around to actually mapping them yet. But soon. Very soon...oof, I'm scared.
Did anyone else get a 'sever error' a little while ago on fourms? because I did...
So... today was a friend birthday and she explicitly requested this little scene, otherwise she'll come to my house and shot me with a water gun.

Kinda late to the party but if you're trying to make a game with relatively large roster, my suggestion: be ready for a long, long ride yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucianth