Parallax mapping help

Hmichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I started parallax mapping on rmmv and one of my maps is 40x40 but I'm not sure how to can I fit the whole image to Photoshop. Is it possible or do I have to reduce the size of the map?

Hmichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome it worked! Thanks!:)

FrozenNorseman

Shivering
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's some decent tutorials out there in regards to parallax mapping, and once you get the hang of it, it is both fun and rewarding.

Also grids and snap to grid is your friend and ally and you should never leave home without them.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OrangeMapShot will make your life so much easier and as Celianna said, take however many tiles you set your map to and multiply it by 48. Set your grid in Photoshop to 48x48 so you'll be able to see your player's collision because by default it's on 48x48 tile grid.

Hmichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried using OrangeMapShot but it didn't work for me. I checked out the thread for the plugin but I couldn't solve my issue so I gave up on using it for now im just watching tutorials and messing around with the zoom to see how I fit the map onto photoshop ( I tried on 100% but it was a bit too small for me and 150% is too wide so im working with 138% at the moment)

Hmichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also forgot to mention that I'm using the fishing village preset to practice

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I work with larger maps I usually do larger objects first and then zoom in on each area to add smaller items. With orangemapshot you have to use the PrintScreen button when inside the game itself, and on the map you want to save. It doesn't work in the editor part of MV.

Hmichelle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I just hit print screen and it worked! I feel like such a noob right now :kaocry:

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aweh don't worry xD I also got confused with it myself when I first started using it. Let me know if you need any other help with parallax in the future. ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers