parallax mapping issues

marklove46

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi everyone, first time here and new to rpg maker mv. i have a issue im hoping someone might have an answer for me. I've been doing parallax mapping on rpg maker mv. i followed a video on youtube and the commands for it. it sort of works as the overlay is there but it movies when i move my player. i turned all the plugins off besides the 2 i need and still does the same thing. ill add pics and videos to try and explain what's going on. i hope someone can help me with this issue. cheers

[10:06 PM]

[10:07 PM]

with plugins off besides the 2 plugins i needed. it moves with me.

eKf8meAV.jpg

the plugin event i had in are as follows

tjI83bhB.jpg

hope i can get some help

mark

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This seems like a really long way of explaining how you didn't put a ! before the filename. Just rename your parallax image to be !filename.png where filename is whatever, and you'll be golden.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems like a really long way of explaining how you didn't put a ! before the filename. Just rename your parallax image to be !filename.png where filename is whatever, and you'll be golden.

Wait, what? The ! pertains to character sheets and is intended to let the engine know that the character sheet only has one character on it. Or does the plugin require the ! in front of parallax images? I'm very confused.

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, what? The ! pertains to character sheets and is intended to let the engine know that the character sheet only has one character on it. Or does the plugin require the ! in front of parallax images? I'm very confused.
I think what they were saying that for a static image to be used as the background of a map you put it in the parallax folder with a ! in front of the file name... which tells the system to bind it to the map so that it won't follow the player. This has nothing to do with a plugin, its just a system feature. I think the OP wasnt aware of that fact either. They had thought the background was being called by a plugin but the plugin doesn't quite account for that format.

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Two of your images didn't load. We need to see how you have your plugin commands setup. It took me a while to get my parallax stuff working perfectly and I'm using Prime Parallax Plus.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I admit I didn't bother reading the laundry list of plugins, my eyes usually glaze over at the first 20. Now that I have, I'm just going to suggest you use QMap https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMap

Using it's silly simple editor, it lets you visually drag and drop stuff to wherever you want binding it into place. So it not only acts as doodads, but also a parallax mapping plugin as it can bind those objects to Z coordinates as well. Also it allows you to apply switches/variables/script/commets directly to those objects if you so desire, and will as a bonus animate objects you place.

What you're thinking of is the $ symbol. If you use ! on a character sheet it shifts it down 6 pixels and makes it no longer appear half transparent through bushes. To be honest I didn't know about the half transparent thing (just the 6 pixels) until I just looked it up, it's been ages since I've used MV's character sheet system.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain Yep you're right, I was getting my symbols mixed up. However, I had no idea the ! pertained to parallax images also. I rarely use parallax and so it's not been an issue for me. I learned something new!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
However, I had no idea the ! pertained to parallax images also.
that is new in MV, introduced as a flag to disable the original parallax move and is the reason why MV can have parallax mapping without a plugin - those plugins are only for overlay mapping.
(Ace still required a script to disable the parallax)

marklove46

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank to everyone who replayed to this. first chance ive had to get back on. the reason i made a long post was to make sure i put all the info i could to explain what was going on. i only stated using rpg maker mv on pc after the version on the nintendo switch kept crashing. so i gave up and now im trying it on pc. so feels like im sort of learning new skills as im not a pc gamer to start with. i also read that i might have the plugins in the wrong order, if anyone can help me on that would be great.
once again that you to everyone for helping.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626