Parallax Mapping ! not working?

traecneh

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey all,

Sorry to bother.  I am just trying to jump back into RPG Maker MV again but running into a weird issue?

I had VX Ace as well, and when I was tinkering with it I started to parallax map and fell in love.  It's effect is powerful.

I have been trying to make it work in RPG Maker MV, and I can make it work when I remove the Image from the Parallax Background option when editing a map.  When using the TDDP_BindPicturesToMap plugin.  However the moment I keep the Image in the Parallax Background it loops the image on the screen :( .  The Map size is 9 by 9.

I have even made sure to use the exclamation mark per the Help files in front of the image filename but the same issue persists.

I've made a completely new project, with no plugins at all, and tested the Parallax Background with an exclamation mark but it still repeats/loops the image.

Is it possibly an issue because the map size is so small 9 by 9?  Do I have to do something else for a smaller map than the screen?  

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I've tried searching several places and everyone uses the exclamation mark and everything works fine for them.

Thanks for your time on this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be the map size.

I know that with Ace, the entire display went strange and repeated when using a map that is smaller than the screen size (was only possible by increasing screen size to 640x480).

I haven't checked how MV handles this, but if it uses similiar routines then that would happen again.

traecneh

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you for getting back to me Andar.

I will play around with the picture size to see if that does the trick.

Update: I did play around with parallax mapping more and the issue was because it was too small of a map.  It does have to be at least the default map size of 17 by 13.  Sadly at the same time I found out the built in parallax from RPG Maker MV is blurry however when using the event to show picture the map is not blurry anymore.  However this appears to be a known issue based on a few searches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DenRebrov wrote on Celianna's profile.
Seliana, will you be making desert tiles in the ancient dungeon?
Working on a casual shirt and jeans for female MZ gen. Woo.
Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenchi30