Status
Not open for further replies.

eliwolfe92

Survivor of The Scourge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone. I really have searched around quite a bit now and really can't find a solid answer to my question...

What is the Best // Most Efficient setup for long term parallax mapping passage settings?

My issue rises from not knowing how to hide the arrows, ect. on the parallax tileset I used in the image below...

I mean, sure they're great for reference whilst in the editor.. But how do I make them go away once i actually launch?

Untitled.png
I have this picture as well but same issue as above...

post-9942-0-68514000-1358043277.png

Essentially I don't know how to use these images properly... I assume.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, all that gives me a headache... My method isn't nearly as complex. I just use a pink, transparent tile to cover the floor and then go over it all with a clear tile that is set to be passable. I use the same method with wall and ceiling tiles that are tagged so they will work in with the light effect script I use. It works for me and doesn't cause any problems :D

eliwolfe92

Survivor of The Scourge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But even if you need different kinds of passages? like passable everywhere except left/right or up/down ect ect. I guess I'm just looking for a uniform way to do this since I plan to be doing it for some time and don't wanna change methods half way through just to find i was being inefficient y'know?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Well, all you really need to do is replace the arrows image with a blank image (same dimensions) in the database after you're done mapping. This will keep the same passabilities, but it won't show up on the map.

eliwolfe92

Survivor of The Scourge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome Thank you, that was way easier than i expected. and I feel silly. Last thing before I go which is the ideal tab? A1-5, B, C? Or does it really not make a difference. (sorry if that's a silly question. just don't want to make a silly mistake i guess.)

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
I would go with a tile from B-E. The A tiles are auto-tiles/floor tiles and might not let you set the passabilities the way you need to. :)

eliwolfe92

Survivor of The Scourge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much, exactly what I needed to know. A little Overly excited to start mapping my Post Apocalyptic RPG now that this isn't holding me back. Thanks for the help guys :)

XWolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English & C# =P
Primarily Uses
I agree with Luna, unless you use A5 (floors mostly) use the other tilesets.

What I do is create the parallax image, with transparent or solid white empty space;

then fill it with regular tiles. If the whole map is parallax then I simply use (in E, so far I've only needed 3) different

empty/transparent tiles. Just remember what's what, maybe write it someplace.

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
  Trying to figure this out.  Another thread helped a ton but I can't figure out how to make trees work.  I designed a forest in Paint.net and carried it over to RPG Maker (sounds easy but took about 7 hours) Now when I put blank star tiles on the trees the player doesn't go under like they would if I had used basic map making, instead he can't go through them at all.  How do i work around this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
  Trying to figure this out.  Another thread helped a ton but I can't figure out how to make trees work.  I designed a forest in Paint.net and carried it over to RPG Maker (sounds easy but took about 7 hours) Now when I put blank star tiles on the trees the player doesn't go under like they would if I had used basic map making, instead he can't go through them at all.  How do i work around this?
Because the normal parralax isnt a tile but an image below the player. You need an additional overlay image and and overlay lock script.

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah someone else just explained it to me...Going to have to get photoshop I believe, having such a hard time with Paint

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Parallaxing overlays are pretty hard... especially when you have a lighting system on your game...

So I just resorted to creating new tilesets that contain the "parallaxed" version of my tiles... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't think I can ignore this anymore, but it only happens like once a day. Not sure why my entire pc slows down though, its using a lot of memory but not compared to my max. Seem the thread about updating the nwjs it a while ago, it just looked like a pain/tldr :p
nwjs.PNG
Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaotom