Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've encountered an issue with parallax mapping recently.  Sometimes tile pathing makes sense up and down, but not left to right (see stairs in the spoiler images below), and other times it makes sense left to right but not up and down (see chairs in spoiler image below).

Is there a way to make it so you can only enter a tile from certain directions?  Like for instance considering the image below, I'd like to prevent the player from entering the two bottom stair tiles only from the left and right; and for the chairs, I'd like to prevent the player from entering only from bottom or top.

Am I stupidly missing something here or is there not an easy way to do this?  If I'm not being blindly oblivious to some feature, are there any relevant plugins or scripts that could be used?

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: I'm working in MV

Image 1: Sprite looks great "sitting" in this chair! Also note to prevent the awkwardness of why you can't walk on the right and left side of these stairs (because if you could, there's nothing preventing you from walking across the stair railings), I dropped some pressurized tanks in... because obviously in the apocalyptic future stairs will have pressurized tanks fed into them 

ChairExample1.png

Image 2: Although the chair looks great when you sitting it in correctly or moving from left to right, it looks HORRIBLE when you pass top to bottom or vice versa and have a chair coming out of your head  :(

ChairExample2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
5RFHVXS.png

I think that's what you're looking for =)

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Musashi

Yeah wow, this was exaclty what I was looking for!  Thanks

Everyday I get reminded how much of a RPG Maker noob I am!  :headshake:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D
Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00cassiesmells