Parallax Mapping & Region Restrictions...Help (Image Included)

Quib

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
problem_001.png

What am I doing wrong here?

The player can walk on the blue line only.

EDIT: Was missing ! in front of Parallax Iamge

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are a lot of possibilities here, and because you gave incomplete info we can't even guess which one is true or not:

wrong map size for parallax picture - please tell us both your map size in tiles and parallax size in pixels, if they do not fit the background may move with the player without you realising that

plugin is disabled by an incompatibility with another plugin or by wrong plugin order etc. Please show us your entire plugin list in screenshots to check for that.

EDIT: and you forgot to disable the parallax function itself by setting a ! at the beginning of the parallax filename - you can never use the background picture as a map as long as parallaxing is active.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minihydra