Parallax mapping + Sprite blend?

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello there!

This is kind of a weird question but I'll try my best to explain what I'm looking for.

I was wondering if there was a parallax mapping plugin or series of plugins that could change the sprite's appearance when in contact with a specific layer. Like a blend or a shader effect or something.

I attached an animated example below. Just click the gif to see what I mean. Any help would be lovely, and any suggestions too.

Attachments

• shadow_movement.gif
    shadow_movement.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You don't actually need a plugin to do this. You can simply make the squares the house occupies as region 1 (or whatever region you want), then change the player's graphic if they're on that region. And change it back if they aren't.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 9

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the quick reply!

This kind of works, but it's grid / square based and I think it would be really inaccurate with oddly shaped tiles, like the roof of the house, for example.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I make something like that, you like to have similair like this?
_Transparancy_.gif

if so, it can be annoying, especially the shapes of it.
I got no Idea how to make it simplier to use yet, but it still works nicely.

while this was only a text, I do it differently and nicer for this, like a transparant overlay.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113