Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Parallax Mapping (Work Flow)/Easy Object Shadows/Lighting & Shadows

This is a good place to start if you're looking to learn a little bit more about PSD organization - and how to add a little extra to your parallax maps!

I'll go over...
  • Different Types of Shadows
  • Lighting Effects & Color Dodge
  • Easy Tinting
  • Exporting Properly
  • Easy object shadows (with outdoor lighting in mind)

Future Tutorials

This is not an exhaustive list and I'd love to hear what the community would like to learn about - or even what I could expand upon in this video! :kaohi:

Last edited:

Papillon Effect

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks really pretty. In the first video, can you show how it's implemented into MV? Also I would be cool to see how it looks with characters walking on the map. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about parallax mapping.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the post with a new tutorial that shows how I draw shadows/lighting and use color dodging to make it pop!

@Papillon Effect I made your tutorial tonight - it's scheduled to go live on Friday morning. :kaothx:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great little tutorials. I don't use Photoshop, but most of these tips and tricks can be easily carried over into GIMP - just requires some tinkering. I've really enjoyed watching both yours and Fallen Lorelei's parallaxing videos. :)

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great little tutorials. I don't use Photoshop, but most of these tips and tricks can be easily carried over into GIMP - just requires some tinkering. I've really enjoyed watching both yours and Fallen Lorelei's parallaxing videos. :)
Thanks so much! :kaoluv:

@Papillon Effect - I lied, your tutorial published today! :kaopride:

Last edited:

mastakhameron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like a tutorial video on how to make water effects, for example a lake or even a beach. something simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88net