Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening!

So, I recently put my parallax map into RPG Maker MV..and I used Yan's Region Restrictions to make sure the player can't go over tiles they don't need to. I set my transfer event for a certain grid location, but when you hit it, the character actually gets stuck in the building and does not land ANYWHERE closer to the selected grid for the transfer?

I wish I could show a picture but it's on my other PC. I would really hate to have to redo my maps because I'm working on my IGMC and it's due in like 6 days... @_@;

Is it possible that he isn't transferring correctly because the images aren't "on the grid"? I am using Hudell's/Orange's Overlay Plugin and as I stated, Yanfly's Region Restrictions. It works *perfectly* in the first area you load into, but my transfer isn't working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I was considering just switching to grid-free movement but that seems like A LOT of work and I don't know if I have the time frame for it ;; thank you!!!

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using parallax map via orange overlay's notetags, or are you using it with the default makers ability to set the parallax background?

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using parallax map via orange overlay's notetags, or are you using it with the default makers ability to set the parallax background?

I followed a tutorial that used both? They had a ground set onto the actual map for parallax, and then had the overlay notetags in there as well.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I followed a tutorial that used both? They had a ground set onto the actual map for parallax, and then had the overlay notetags in there as well.
Just make sure that when it is on the parallax image for the map itself (Not in notetags) the image file in your parallax folder must have a ! in front of it. Thats all I can think of that might be wrong. The overlay should be in notetags but you should only have the parallax (Ground) image as either a notetag or a parallax image for the map. Not both.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhumanbox