Parallax/Overlay Map Passability

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by tom88norman, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom88norman

tom88norman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this but I'm trying to make my game the best it can be (obviously) and I've just successfully imported a parallax map with an overlay on VX Ace using Omega's Map Saver and Yami's Overlay Mapping Script. At the moment everything is passable. My character walks over houses and walls and everything (but under everything on the overlay layer, as he's supposed to) and I want to set up the passability. I could use the region editing mode or a blank square made non-passable but I don't want to be limited to 32x32 squares. I have Victor's Pixel Movement script allowing the character to move just 4 pixels at a time, along with character control, 8 directional movement and multi-frame movement scripts in an effort to make movement as smooth as possible. I'd like to have similar control when deciding which pixels are passable and which aren't, and not have to settle for blotchy 32x32 squares. I have a feeling that this must be solvable and I've just missed a step somewhere. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    32x32 squares is the limit. Even the pixel movement scripts check passage on 32x32 pixel increments. It can't be reduced.

3. tom88norman

tom88norman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh really? Oh well, never mind then, thanks for the quick reply!

4. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately that will always be the limit. You can still create great maps with it though.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.