Parallax Script Compatibility Question for VXA

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by JackofBlades, May 3, 2015.

1. JackofBlades

JackofBlades Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am just wondering if these two scripts will work together to basically provide stable parallaxes that can be animated:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44635.0.html

and

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4021-gds-ultimate-parallax/

The first one is Modern Algebras animated parallax for VXA and the second one is GDS ultimate parallax script that does what other parallaxes do but without the requirement of a "basic" module. 

If not, i'd love a suggestion toward which script/s i should use for parallax'ing. Keep in mind Modern algebras parallax uses multiple layers, and i am unsure whether GDS's script can read them all?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated : )

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you tested if they work together? I'll give it a 50% chance, but of course only the real (bottom) parallax gets animated that way.

Getting the top layers from the ultimate parallax script to animate would most probably require a big rewrite of that script, that can't be achieved by combining scripts.

3. JackofBlades

First Language:
    English
    ah i see, well i'm having a problem getting my ground to even show up now. My overlay is working just fine, it shows up. But my ground is all white.

I basically made a whole map on GIMP, and i have a ground layer (grass etc) and an overlay layer (trees), i downloaded this script http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4021-gds-ultimate-parallax/ (the GDS one) and i got the overlay working, and then renamed my ground layer so that it should also show up but on the scripts ground layer. I press play, the overlay shows up and the ground does not, it just stays white. So before it hink about animating i need to figure out why my ground isnt showing up T.T

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    have you configured the switches and variables (both inside the script and in the editor) correctly for your project?

5. JackofBlades

First Language:
    English
    I think so, i just did the ground image without using an overlay image or an overlay script and it worked, i even set the passability settings as though the overlay was there. So i know how to add the the dam ground layer lol i think i may have gotten a setting wrong or something when i was using the script. I'll give that script another shot and see if i can get it to work. If not, do you have any suggestions for another script i can use for overlays that are compatible with modern algebras animated parallax script?

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is not what I meant.

The script allows the use of switches to activate or deactivate any layer. If you accidentally configured that to a switch that had been used by another script or an event, then the ground layer might have been disabled by that switch even if you yourself switched it on correctly.

7. JackofBlades

First Language:
    English
    oh my god i'm retarded. Wow. I forgot to unclick "background" in gimp so when i saved my overlay image it had a white background which was covering up the ground. OMGGGGGGGGGG WHYYYYY 6+ hours. Gj me. The amount of facepalm i am experiencing right now is truly magnificent. wow. i tried 3 different overlay scripts, learnt how to use all of them and my dam overlay had white ground all along. hahahaha oh fml and thank you for your help, i posted the problem in another forum and nobody replied ><