Parallax Scripts / Which one to use?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Levi, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure if this should be in the Scripts forum or not... but I figure it goes here as it's kind of a "Support" question.

I'm interested in trying out parallax mapping... but I've found four scripts and don't know which is best for me. I've never done parallax mapping. I'm interested mostly in adding little details to the map, as well as adding things 'above' the map (Tree tops, fog, high walls etc.) Knowing that, which do you think is 'best' for me?

Edit: I'm also not very familiar with scripts. I know what they are... and that I'm supposed to add these to a new slot in the 'Script Editor"... and that's the extent of it, so keep that in mind as well. Haha.

Yami's "Overlay Mapping"

http://www.rpgmakerv...verlay-mapping/

Modern Algebra's "Animated Parallax"

http://rmrk.net/inde...ic,44635.0.html

DasMoony's "Liquid & Parallax Script

www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/676-dmo-liquid-parallax-script/

Moder Algebra's "Fix Picture to Map"

http://rmrk.net/inde...ic,44837.0.html

(*Note* Please feel free to suggest any that aren't in my list... those four are just the ones I managed to find)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    Ashouse likes this.
  2. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    All the scripts you listed don't do the same thing, you know.

I think, Yami script or Liquid script are the ones that fit more the options you mentionned.

Levi likes this.
  3. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's why I asked. If I thought they all did the same thing, I'd just pick one out of a hat. :p Haha. Although, as far as I can tell by the descriptions, they all do similar things.... that is... fix images (or animated images) onto (or below, or above) maps in some way.... and that's primarily what I'm looking for.

Thanks. Yami's seems simpler, so I think I'll go with Yami's and see how it works.

Thanks again!

4. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, Yami's script is probably what you want. MA's Animated Parallax script allows you to shuffle the parallax through a number of frames, thereby 'animating' it (think of water etc.). His fix picture to map script allows you to add a picture onto the screen that does not follow the player - this is usually used as the overlapping layer when ding parallaxing the old fashioned way. With Yami's script, you don't need this though.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Levi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.