Parallax scroll speed in frames per second?

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya,

I'd like to show a picture that moves at the same speed as my parallax scrolling -- it's proving to be a bit of trial and error, so I was wondering if anyone knew offhand what the fps scroll rates are for each parallax scroll setting?

Thanks!! :LZSgrin:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallax is a movement-based function, it doesn't have any fixed numbers.
I don't have the mathematics ready, but parallax speed is based on the relative size difference between map size and parallax picture size, as well as the movement speed of the player and a few other factors.

What you want can be done, but I don't think it is possible with events alone, simply because you cannot account for every possible speed. In my opinion there is a good chance that you'll need a plugin to provide a special command that reads out and calculates the required speed.

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you want can be done, but I don't think it is possible with events alone, simply because you cannot account for every possible speed. In my opinion there is a good chance that you'll need a plugin to provide a special command that reads out and calculates the required speed.

Thanks Andar, it's certainly possible to match parallax speed with Move Picture, it's just a matter of (lots and lots of) trial and error :) I appreciate the explanation though, that helps.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's just a matter of (lots and lots of) trial and error
exactly as I mentioned, it can't be done by events alone, because events can't detect or calculate the speed on their own.
And I think it is better to have a plugin read and calclate the speed than wasting hours on trial and error if you have many such cases.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE