RMMV Parallax scrolling slower than slowest speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't been able to find a plugin to address this, but does anyone know of a plugin that allows for slower-than-1 parallax scrolling?

I'm trying to do a thing with clouds where they move reallllllly slowly :)

Thanks!

c

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think that's technically just an editor limitation, the engine has no trouble with fractional parallax speeds.

Kinda hacky, but you could try a Parallel map event that runs once, like this:

◆Comment:Set parallax speed to: X = 0.2, Y = 0.3. ◆Script:$gameMap._parallaxSx = 0.2; : :$gameMap._parallaxSy = 0.3; ◆Comment:Erase until player visits this map again. ◆Erase Event
Easy-copy version of the script call:
JavaScript:
$gameMap._parallaxSx = 0.2;
$gameMap._parallaxSy = 0.3;
If you want only one of the directions (X or Y), you can omit the other one.

(Note that this script call will have no effect unless the parallax is already set to loop in the editor.)

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that's technically just an editor limitation, the engine has no trouble with fractional parallax speeds.

Kinda hacky, but you could try a Parallel map event that runs once, like this:

◆Comment:Set parallax speed to: X = 0.2, Y = 0.3. ◆Script:$gameMap._parallaxSx = 0.2; : :$gameMap._parallaxSy = 0.3; ◆Comment:Erase until player visits this map again. ◆Erase Event

Easy-copy version of the script call:
JavaScript:
$gameMap._parallaxSx = 0.2;
$gameMap._parallaxSy = 0.3;
If you want only one of the directions (X or Y), you can omit the other one.

(Note that this script call will have no effect unless the parallax is already set to loop in the editor.)

Works absolutely perfectly.

As usual, thank you so much @caethyril :LZSgrin::LZSgrin::LZSgrin: So much gratefulness for all the help you offer.

Closed!!

-c

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great, you're welcome! :kaohi:

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixelhans