Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,
I wanted to ask about parallax mapping. I know you need a ! in front of the name and the width and hight have to be the same on the map as in the editor. I have a few maps already working right with the ! and the right sizes. I went to put a new map in the editor and it is named !throneroom.png. The size of the image in gimp is 624x2256. so i have 13x47 in the editor. I have rechecked a number of times and i dont see anything wrong. same as other working maps. problem is the map seems to repeat when test playing but the image in the editor is right. I cant see what is wrong here, thanks for any help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the minimum map size is 17x13. You're smaller (13 is smaller than 17), so the engine has to repeat to fill up to minimum map size

EDIT:
to be more precice, the minimum map size is the screen size of your project. 17x13 is only the default screen size. If you use a plugin to change screen size, then the minimum sizes for your maps change to fit the screen.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh ok. I understand now. Thank you kindly for that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

And the beginning of a nearly complete grid system dawns.

I want to add a thin pixel border around the entire region. Like across all blue highlights that connect and red attack highlights that connect.
Ami
--- Remake ---

Hero: Hey,look! Some Artist will Remake us to 3D!
M.Knight: Really? Then i hope they make me so Cool & Handsome
Heroine: I hope they make me Cute & Sexy,too
(6 Months Later,The 3D Model Are Revealed With Unexpected Yet Horrible Model)
Hero: (Spit The Water)
M.Knight: What the Hell?!
Heroine: I'm Dissapointed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgvoices