[Parallaxes, Orange Overlay] How to work with tall sprites?

Calfrigio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My sprites lose their heads walking in front of horizontal, thinner objects.

Example:
xM0JvU.png

Plugins:
Znc7EY.png

Orange Overlay settings:
B2R0m0.png

qydQ6E.png

Map 009 notes:
<cm:map009col>
<ground>
<par>

<ground> loads my base grass. <par> loads the fence/objects. <cm:map009col> loads the collision.

Any idea how I can make it work?
And also how one might make an object somewhat transparent when you walk behind it?

Thanks

EDIT:
David Browne (Youtube):
"This is a problem that I run into as well. I can think of at least one way to solve it for some use cases, but it may not be suitable for a lot of heavy use on many maps. Any areas of the overlay that are causing problems could be removed from the overlay, and instead placed manually on the map with the grid free doodad editor as very large objects. I was planning on testing out this very thing for a future video, so it may be coming up soon."

This worked for me, Cutting the lower part of the fence and making it a layer 5 Doodad.

I'm interested still how I can either simplify this process through the Orange Overlay, but so far so good; my 48x96 sprite has no problem walking in front of and behind the fence.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTaco