oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm looking to craft a scene which appears to switch back and forth between two ongoing, separate fights. The good news is that this is entirely scripted and I don't need to actually have two fights running side-by-side (although if anyone knows how to create such a scenario, that would be interesting food for thought as well).

So, we've got a battle involving Character A vs Character B, and a separate battle involving character X vs character Y. I want it to go more or less like this:

Character A and B trade a few scripted attacks, and then some banter.

scene fade to X and Y's fight

X and Y trade a few attacks and words of their own.

scene fade back to A and B

more banter/fight

scene fade back to X and Y

fight scene ends and transition back to the map view.

I specifically want to avoid any visible beginning or end to the battle in between these scenes and the normal fade process doesn't seem to cover up battle in/out very well.

Any ideas on how I could handle this as elegantly as possible? I'm thinking of just running a single, long battle and using fades to cover up the change from one character to another, but I'm not 100% sure if that'll work and If there's an easier way to handle it I'd love to hear it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it partially depends on which battlesystem you're using, but one option would be to not use the battlesystem at all.
Simply make screenshots of the battles at the times you want, and then use those screenshots and show picture in the cutscene.

Unfortunately this only works perfect in cases like a frontview battle or a more or less still sideview battle. If your battlesystem uses action sequences it would take too many screenshots of the actors moving to attack.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using sideview, and while I'm not sure how complex I want the action sequences to be I do at least want the basic sprite animations for attack/damage and showing hp pop-ups. That sort of thing. I'd also like the option to throw in a fancier action sequence if I'm feeling sassy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae