Leah Prime

Intermediate Eventomancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I have a parallel process event running in the background that routinely damages the player. I would like the event to be paused when the player is in a message box with another event. How can I best do this?

Thanks - Z

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
put the contents of the event inside a condition:
$gameMessage.isBusy()==false

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I have a parallel process event running in the background that routinely damages the player. I would like the event to be paused when the player is in a message box with another event. How can I best do this?

Thanks - Z

I had this exact type of issue when the same background noise I had running on a parallax event kept playing, and ruining the moment of of the dialogue!

You don't have to follow it if it's not in your favor, but what I did was this:

I created a "Cutscene OFF" switch.
And I set the switch to where...if you interact with the NPC (So for your instance, whatever triggers the textbox), the "Cutscene OFF" switch turns ON in the very beginning of the NPC event and turns OFF at the very end.
Next, I gave the parallax event a 2nd page, and said this 2nd page will only happen when the "Cutscene OFF" switch is turned on. I put nothing on that 2nd page. (In other words, I used the "Condition" checkbox on the left-hand side)

So what ended up happening was that the parallax event would only play when the switch was turned OFF. If it got turned ON (through events like your dialogue-event thing), the parallax event on the 2nd page runs. (For me, it just goes quiet...)

Maybe that could work for you! : )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123