Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I have an issue with a parallel event that won't trigger at all. Here is the code:
Code:
◆Control Variables:#0042 Dust = The number of Dust
◆If:Dust ≥ 81
  ◆Text:None, None, Window, Bottom
  :    :* But nobody came.
  ◆Control Switches:#0044 Geno Ruins = ON
  ◆Control Self Switch:A = ON
  ◆
:End
It's very simple and should display a message when the character has grinded 81 Dust or more, but it doesn't. No message, no nothing. I checked the item and the required number is here (in save file 2, the one with a bird). Here is a link to the game if you'd like to check (it's one of the 2 events called EXP check in the room Last corri before Tori):
I don't understand why it doesn't trigger. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks for reading.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give a full screenshot of the event - there are quite a number of different things that could prevent that code from executing, and most of them are outside that code. So we need to see the entire event properties.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
please give a full screenshot of the event - there are quite a number of different things that could prevent that code from executing, and most of them are outside that code. So we need to see the entire event properties.
event 1.pngevent 2.pngevent 3.png
Here are the screenshots of the events.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you forgot to set conditions for the higher page number.

only one page can be active, and if several pages have their conditions fulfilled (or no conditions at all), then the highest page number has the highest priority.

in this case page 2 will always have priority over page 1. and that will only trigger on dust = 0

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you forgot to set conditions for the higher page number.

only one page can be active, and if several pages have their conditions fulfilled (or no conditions at all), then the highest page number has the highest priority.

in this case page 2 will always have priority over page 1. and that will only trigger on dust = 0
I didn't set conditions for page 3 so the event wouldn't keep triggering all the time. The message is meant to be displayed only when you enter the relevant room, not to keep appearing (even if you could move anyway, since it's parallel).
I'll change the pages around so the priority order is respected, then. Thanks.
Edit: switching pages 1 and 3 didn't change anything. The message still doesn't display.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1)place a show text and a wait outside the conditional branch to make sure that the page is active when you believe it to be active. preferably one that tells you what value the variable has.

2) check if there is anything else that changes the variables value, for example a plugin that you forgot to configure correctly or another event.

there are only those two options: either the page is not active, or the value of the variable is lower than 81.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way you have it set up, you won't be able to have both dust checks work if they're on different event pages.

Instead, try combining them into a single page doing something like this

30ZDZhi.png

Then at the bottom of that page, put in a test textbox that says

omj7RO9.png

Which will tell you the dust count.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1)place a show text and a wait outside the conditional branch to make sure that the page is active when you believe it to be active. preferably one that tells you what value the variable has.

2) check if there is anything else that changes the variables value, for example a plugin that you forgot to configure correctly or another event.

there are only those two options: either the page is not active, or the value of the variable is lower than 81.
The show text doesn't show up either. Which is strange, because another event in the same page uses the same variable and works just fine, showing the expected message signaling the variable is at or above 81. The only event that doesn't work is the one in the screenshots. I don't know why the page isn't active.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The way you have it set up, you won't be able to have both dust checks work if they're on different event pages.

Instead, try combining them into a single page doing something like this

30ZDZhi.png

Then at the bottom of that page, put in a test textbox that says

omj7RO9.png

Which will tell you the dust count.
That solved the problem. Thank you.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Place a different graphic on each page, so you'll find it easier to see when a switch is on or off.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:
Stimpaks and More.png
Continued work. Still a WIP, some need some retouching. Stimpak, Radaway, Psycho, Jet, Mentats, Medex(ish/needs to be purple), bloodpack, glowing bloodpack. Made some Nuka too. Need to make Rad-X.
Nuka Sheet WIP FR.png
Done translating our projects intro sequence : D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AzureDragonSoul