zdeweese

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an enemy that uses a parallel process to chase the player and attack if he is adjacent. I also want it to check if the player attacks back with the action button. How can I do this? I have to choose either parallel or action button trigger, it doesn't allow both.

Marrend

Bludgeon of Inspiration
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's an enemy-event that has the parallel process, you should be able to add a Conditional Branch in the event-code that checks if the player has pressed the action button. The option is on the fourth tab/page The drop-down for what button to check for isn't labeled as far as "Action Button" or "Menu Button", though. It goes directional buttons, then followed by "A", "B", "C", "X", "Y", "Z", "L", "R". It's better to think of this part of the list as references to a controller than actual keyboard presses, as the "action button" on this list is "C" (by default).

Though, my guess is that you would also need to check (IE: another Conditional Branch) if the player is within attacking range (and facing the enemy-event?). However, that's a different story!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
an event can only have one trigger, it is not possible to use both parallel process and action trigger on an event.

There are several workarounds to that (one of them is described above), but why are you using a parallel process for chasing in the first place?

Depending on what exactly you do, in a lot of cases it's easier to use autonomous movement (which does not need a parallel process set move route).

zdeweese

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I have the event wait for action to trigger damage, the other processes will wait for it including the follow process

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need to know what you want to do - not why you do it.

Please post screenshots of all event pages and what you want to achive, then we can tell you what workaroud to use.

We cannot tell you that without more informations, because there are several possible solutions each with their own advantages and disadvantages and we can't guess which one you'll need.

But you cannot have two trigger settings at the same time - that is impossible.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fudgeymcpopsicle