Parallel Process Moving Clouds Stops While Talking

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
As the Title says, I have a parallel Process which shows the Shadows of moving Clouds over my map. I do this with a Picture and Variables.

My Problem is, they stop moving whenever i Talk to someone. I already tried putting the Event into a loop, but than i got a Blackscreen for some reason. Also the Parallel Processes which does the Sounds are working normally even during the Talking.

So I cant really see the Reason behind it. Any Ideas how to fix that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please show us screenshots of both events - the parallel process and the one interrupting it.
there are too many ways to handle this to just guess what happens for you

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Here the Clouds Event. They stop at ANY Dialog Really. Speak with Guy, Clouds Stop. Only for the Duration of the Talking, after that they move on again.

Attachments

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
But for completion sake Here the other Event Its really not big. Switch A only turns the Event off.

The Requirement for the 3rd Page arent met jet. But its pretty much only different Text and than entering in Combat. But since that wouldnt happen here I dont think its neccessary.

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think that will have any effect - it only impacts the event the player is interacting with, not all.

There's no reason I can see for the clouds to stop moving. Where are you initializing those variables (38 & 39)? Can we see a screenshot of that as well?

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Honestly I dont really understand the Question. I looked it up to be sure, but there is no other Event or Process which affect theese Variables. It is only Copy/pasted onto another Map, but that one shouldnt run at this point.
The Variables should behave like the typical Rpgmaker Variables. I dont know when the System initialize theese. My guess is ether the start of the Game, or at the first Time they get used.

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ups, found something which MIGHT be useful for this Case xd. It looks like I did use a Script for the Clouds too. So maybe the Issue is here.

Edit: Tried the script Roninator2 mentioned, and you´re right. It didnt change.

Attachments

Last edited:

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Erm... no further Ideas? Maybe someone who has clouds in his Game can tell me how you did it?

Edit: I just realized that ALL Paralell processes (like water animation) stop during the Talking. So maybe there is no cure, or you need a script to do it?

Last edited:

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So i did fix the small Animations. Instead of parallel events which swap pages with different Artwork on it, i now use stepping Animations for the simpler ones.

That does work. Stepping animations does keep running even while Talking.
But sadly that is impossible to do with the Clouds.
Im still confused, since multiply page swapping Parallel processes do work with each other. It seems that it only get stuck on Textboxes, so if the System is waiting for Player Input.

Is there a script which can help with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xetyss