MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In VX Ace, Parallel Processes seems to load before the window shows the contents of a map. For example, if you want to display a picture even before the map fades into the new one, it'll do just that and be visible when the map first fades in.

However in MV, the Parallel Process only executes once the map shows up and if I try to do the above example, it'll just suddenly pop up the picture after the map fades in instead of being there to begin with. Is there a way to work around this situation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually I found the opposite.

In previous makers, parallel process events would always run before the map fades in, and autorun events would always run afterwards. In testing though, I found in MV there is no difference between the two - for me, they both start running before the map fades in. I was doing stuff with weather and screen tinting though, not pictures, so there might be something special about pictures.

How large is your map, and how many events do you have on it?

Are there any common events that are running before or immediately after the map is loaded?

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm... I do have common events that run on the same map that has a parallel process. I just tried to execute the parallel process alone and the map still flashes for a moment before it gets replaced by the pictures by either just snapping up or getting faded in with the Show Picture+Move Picture combo. 

I remember trying other features like the tint and event transfers as parallel processes and indeed, it does execute prior the map fades in. I feel like the case is indeed different for pictures.

My map is just 21 x 12 tiles. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention it, so I apologize, but this is the issue I've seen from trying to use events for a custom title screen. I transferred my Ace project to MV and I was mostly basing how to work an event-made title screen with this tutorial: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/31272-making-custom-title-screens-with-events/

EDIT2: In my certain case, I managed a workaround by having a blank map and by fading in the pictures with Show Picture+Move Picture to have a smoother entrance. It's not a solution, however.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I forgot to mention it, so I apologize, but this is the issue I've seen from trying to use events for a custom title screen. I transferred my Ace project to MV and I was mostly basing how to work an event-made title screen with this tutorial: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/31272-making-custom-title-screens-with-events/
Does the same effect happens with a regular map instead of the title screen replacement map?
Because if the title map is displayed outside the regular sequence, then it's no wonder if it displays differently.

But in that case the problem is with the plugin and not with the engine

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does the same effect happens with a regular map instead of the title screen replacement map?

Because if the title map is displayed outside the regular sequence, then it's no wonder if it displays differently.

But in that case the problem is with the plugin and not with the engine
I'm using Yami's Skip Title plugin, but for checking the above question, I turned it off and went with a normal title screen and entered a map. The way Yami's plugin works, I think it just skips the title and goes straight to the map the player is positioned first. Not sure if that's outside the regular sequence.

Also, in MV, I placed some tiles on the map to check if it appears first before the image snaps out and it does. I see the map tiles quickly before the image suddenly shows up. On the other hand, I checked Ace if it makes the image show up before it shows the map and it does just that. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:
I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD
Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debettel