dahilig007

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was working in a particular project when suddenly.. I thought of an idea

About NPCs talking to each other.

Well normally we use "Stepping Animation" to make them look like talking.

So I was wondering of putting the "Stepping Animation" to both NPCs in Parallel Process so the player can still walk around while they animate and so that when

the player walks by, he will see that the two NPCs are talking. 

With the use of Parallel Process, I have to use Looping so that their talking will not stop and will continue to look

like they're talking until the player talks (action button) to the NPC.

Code Screenshot:

Now the problem is, the NPC's "Stepping Animation" is on loop. I can't seem to break it by using action button to both of them. They just don't stop the loop of "Stepping animation".

Now I was wondering how to Break the Loop or the Parallel Process when I used the Action button on them (talked to them).

Thank you guys in advance. I appreciate every answer m(_ _)m

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you can use the Autonomous movement for what you're trying to do- it has it's own loop setting. That way, it won't interrupt the flow of events as well as not being able to plug up whatever you're doing.

dahilig007

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you can use the Autonomous movement for what you're trying to do- it has it's own loop setting. That way, it won't interrupt the flow of events as well as not being able to plug up whatever you're doing.
OHH!!!! Thank you so much m(_ _)m 

Now I get it!! thanks to you Solomon!!

SOLUTION:

All I did was change the "Autonomous movement" to "custom" and edited it's route, making it "Stepping animation". Then changed the Trigger to "Action Button" so it will display the text when I talked to them!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moguta