Parallel processes and tranfers/loops

patternBlue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a problem where I have a lot of nested common events, and lots of things inside each common event. Part of the common events include a transfer to a different map, followed by a loop.

So the problem is if I initiate this long stack of common event calls via a player hitting 'Action' on an event, then everything works as desired, but if I initiate the long stack of common event calls via a parallel process, then it stops just after the player transfer, before the loop begins.

Question 1: Is there something about parallel processes and transferring maps that stop the calls?

Question 2: Is there something about parallel processes that conflict with another loop running? Like, is the parallel process already a type of loop and I can't have another loop run within it or something like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whenever you go to a new map, two things happen:
1) map events from the previous map are deleted and stop working
2) common events are reset

so your structure is a very bad idea - if you try a transfer from a parallel process it has to be written in a way that nothing after the transfer is important, because the parallel process common event WILL restart with the first command on top.

However you need to describe what you're actually doing before we can help you find a better event structure.

That aside, you might want to follow the link "bughunting" in my signature - I described some of the background on problems with parallel processes there, and that background is still unchanged through MV and MZ despite being written while VXAce was current.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633