Parallel processes and tranfers/loops

patternBlue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a problem where I have a lot of nested common events, and lots of things inside each common event. Part of the common events include a transfer to a different map, followed by a loop.

So the problem is if I initiate this long stack of common event calls via a player hitting 'Action' on an event, then everything works as desired, but if I initiate the long stack of common event calls via a parallel process, then it stops just after the player transfer, before the loop begins.

Question 1: Is there something about parallel processes and transferring maps that stop the calls?

Question 2: Is there something about parallel processes that conflict with another loop running? Like, is the parallel process already a type of loop and I can't have another loop run within it or something like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whenever you go to a new map, two things happen:
1) map events from the previous map are deleted and stop working
2) common events are reset

so your structure is a very bad idea - if you try a transfer from a parallel process it has to be written in a way that nothing after the transfer is important, because the parallel process common event WILL restart with the first command on top.

However you need to describe what you're actually doing before we can help you find a better event structure.

That aside, you might want to follow the link "bughunting" in my signature - I described some of the background on problems with parallel processes there, and that background is still unchanged through MV and MZ despite being written while VXAce was current.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One tried and true way to trigger a lot of people to be nasty is to tell a truth that they are uncomfortable with, like how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smitty