Parameter issues... please help!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by plumbbobparadise, Feb 13, 2018.

1. plumbbobparadise

plumbbobparadise Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi everyone,
    I'm sorta new to this board, though I'm not entirely new to RPG Maker. I've been 'toying' with it on and off since the days of 2000/2003, which might just tell you guys how 'old' I am, lol.

Anyway, I picked up MV during the recent Steam sale and am still learning the ropes of the new engine. Have to say, the addition of Java plugins makes adding features so much easier in my opinion.

I'm posting now because I've run into a problem I can't solve on my own. I put my character's starting weapon parameter at 8, which means the attack level once the weapon is equipped is supposed to rise by that much.
    database.jpg

However, once in game, the parameter doesn't rise at all, even though I've gone through and even reconfigured the weapon in another slot.

parameters.jpg

Please help. Thanks!

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have to actually equip it to see the change. In that picture it is still in your inventory. Does it go up when you equip it?

Also what plug-ins do you have installed? There's a couple by Yanfly that add variance, so it might have made this bow actually 0 ATK in your game. And some others require notetags for the parameter change to show up at al too.

plumbbobparadise likes this.
  3. plumbbobparadise

First Language:
    English
    Hi, nope it doesn't. :(

I do have Yanfly Core and Message, but that's it as far as Yanfly plugins. I didn't mess with it other than to put it in. The other weapon, the training sword, does what it's supposed to when equipped.

4. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @bgillisp the change should be shown in the window in the second column.

@plumbbobparadise You've added the trait "Seal Equip: Weapon" to the weapon. As such, you CAN'T equip the weapon (just try it, and you'll see) and that's why it shows no predicted trait change. If you want the character to be unable to remove it, you should use the trait "Lock Equip: Weapon".

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yep, they are right. No idea how I missed that. But since it has seal equip: Weapon, it can't even be equipped in the first place. So nothing will ever show.

Let us know if that fixes it, and if it is safe to close this please.

6. plumbbobparadise

First Language:
    English
    Hi @bgillisp

What is a sealed weapon? I'm not used to the new terms, lol.

Anyway, that suggestion seems to have solved the issue.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    seal and lock are two different traits available.

seal makes an equipment slot completely unusable. This is used for example with a weapon that is supposed to be two-handed sealing the shield-slot, so that no shield can be used and any equipped shield gets removed when the two-handed sword gets equipped. Or sealing the helm slot if the body armor is full plate with integrated helm.

sealing the weapon slot on a weapon itself would remove the weapon as soon as it is equipped and be useless.

Locking or fixing a slot prevents the player from ever changing that piece of equipment and is used for example for cursed equipment or if a mercenary should not have its gear removed before being fired (some old games allowed that and had the players selling the gear after kicking the mercenaries)

8. Krakaz

Krakaz Forever Krakaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a Visualisation of what @Andar Said. the Red Arrow being how a 2 handed weapon should be setup the Blue for how to lock the equipment to the character in question.

Attached Files:

• Bow.png
      Bow.png
      File size:
      165.5 KB
      Views:
    • Bow2.png
      Bow2.png
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views: