• Max HP
  • max MP
  • Attack
  • Defense
  • Magical Attack
  • Magical Defense
  • Agility
  • Luck

Parameters are managed for each class, and your actors' parameters are determined by their current level along with their current class. However, the only way to manage your parameters is through the editor, and the editor does not support

• Levels beyond 99
  • Custom parameters that you would like to use in your game, if you have such a plugin

This plugin provides you with a way to manage all of your parameters as external tables which you can edit using text editors like notepad, or more sophisticated spreadsheet software like Excel. You can set values for parameters individually for every level between 1 and 99, as well as levels beyond 99.

You can also set values for any custom parameters that you may have in your game, though you would first need a plugin that provides custom parameter functionality.

By maintaining your parameters externally, you should have more control over your game than before.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Last edited by a moderator:

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's just wonderful, Tsukuhime! I only have a few questions:

1. How does this interacts with stats boosters? If my actor uses a consumable that increases his HP by 10, the next level he will have the default HP of the table or the default +10?

2. Can I use formula in the sheet? Like HP cell value is 10*Def cell value? If yes, how does this interacts with question 1?

3. I need one excel file for each table or I can use the tables that are inside each excel file? If so, how can I reference them?

You're always finding ways to amuse and surprise us, congratulations and thank you very much!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's just wonderful, Tsukuhime! I only have a few questions:

1. How does this interacts with stats boosters? If my actor uses a consumable that increases his HP by 10, the next level he will have the default HP of the table or the default +10?

2. Can I use formula in the sheet? Like HP cell value is 10*Def cell value? If yes, how does this interacts with question 1?

3. I need one excel file for each table or I can use the tables that are inside each excel file? If so, how can I reference them?

You're always finding ways to amuse and surprise us, congratulations and thank you very much!

1. It is the same as how it functions if you were using your regular class curves. This plugin simply replaces the class curves with a different data source (ie: csv files)

2. You can use formulas when you are creating your tables in your spreadsheet software, but the final CSV file must be plain numbers.

3. One file per table. Would it be easier to have multiple sets of data in one file? It may be possible to come up with a solution that would support multiple tables per file, but I don't use excel enough to figure out what would be a good way to do that.

Note that this plugin does not use not excel files, so it doesn't support things like books or sheets or anything.

Excel is just a tool that you can use to set up your tables.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might anyone be versed in visual basic, write a macro for Excel that saves each sheet as a separate CSV file without effecting the excel file?

I have an old one. But I can't seem to get it to save the CSV's to the directory of the workbook.

Spoiler

Public Sub MV_SaveWorksheetsAsCsv()

Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet
Dim SaveToDirectory As String

Dim CurrentWorkbook As String
Dim CurrentFormat As Long

CurrentWorkbook = ThisWorkbook.FullName
CurrentFormat = ThisWorkbook.FileFormat

'Disable alerts for file overwrites...
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
WS.SaveAs WS.Name, xlCSV, "", "", False, False, False, False, False, Application.PathSeparator
Next

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=CurrentWorkbook, FileFormat:=CurrentFormat
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

End Sub

Edit:
Also. Make sure this plugin is above Yanfly's Plugins. Otherwise, it won't work. You won't get any errors, but the parameter tables will be ignored.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you know which plugins cause problems? That's a pretty strange situation, since usually putting a plugin under another plugin would overwrite whatever is done before.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh thank goodness... I've actually already created this spreadsheet to use with your parameter tables from RMVXA. This really helps because it appears that MV got rid of the ability to "draw/trace" curves in the parameter graphs. 

Will this have any problems with projects exported to Android/iOS?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh thank goodness... I've actually already created this spreadsheet to use with your parameter tables from RMVXA. This really helps because it appears that MV got rid of the ability to "draw/trace" curves in the parameter graphs. 

Will this have any problems with projects exported to Android/iOS?

I am not sure about that, since I haven't tested on mobile. I'm assuming if it works in a browser then it should work in a mobile browser...but would require testing to figure that out.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe because I'm on a Mac, but this doesn't seem to work. I tried the demo and still not my doing other than using a Mac.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I could use this probably, some questions though:

Can this also be used to lower the max level to level 60 for example?

Doesn't this make it very easy for the player to "cheat" by editing the CSV files?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I could use this probably, some questions though:

Can this also be used to lower the max level to level 60 for example?

Doesn't this make it very easy for the player to "cheat" by editing the CSV files?

You mean max level for each class?
Max level can be set for each actor already.

In terms of easiness to cheat, there is no different between editing JSON files and editing CSV files.

If you would like to encrypt or compress it, we can consider that separately since I would prefer to have such a feature for ALL data files, and not for specific files.

Maybe because I'm on a Mac, but this doesn't seem to work. I tried the demo and still not my doing other than using a Mac.

In the demo, the actor should have 100 HP and 80 MP. Do you get something different?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You mean max level for each class?
Max level can be set for each actor already.

In terms of easiness to cheat, there is no different between editing JSON files and editing CSV files.

If you would like to encrypt or compress it, we can consider that separately since I would prefer to have such a feature for ALL data files, and not for specific files.

In the demo, the actor should have 100 HP and 80 MP. Do you get something different?
Yes I did.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That should mean it's working, since the class curves in the database are set to 450 HP for level 1, not 100.

You can see which file it uses.
What I mean is that Harold has 450 HP instead of a 100. Same for the other stats.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh wait, go to the data folder and rename it to "params" lowercase and see if that works. I think mac is case-sensitive?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That didn't do the trick.

I've updated the plugin to v1.1. 
Due to timing issues, it's possible that the tables are not being loaded at all.

This might be the cause of the problem.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That solved it. I couldn't be crazy. Thanks and sorry for the bother.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Parameter tables has been updated to v1.3

It now allows you to assign a parameter table to an actor.

When an actor has a parameter table, its parameters will come from its own table, rather than from its class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dertasa12