RMVXA Parody of the Pokemon "Rip-Offs"

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by DankRat, Jan 6, 2019.

1. DankRat

DankRat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    So this game would be based off the supposed "rip offs" to Pokémon such as Bakugon and Monsuno. Thanks to a dream I had I began to remember back when those animated series were all over the TV networks and while I don't intend on reviving the genre and competing with Pokémon as this is more of a For-Fun thing, I find it nice to feel nostalgic about these things. However I decided to combine that idea with a previously scrapped project with a Space Invaders tribute within the game to be used by thugs for corruption. So the "monster" graphics could possibly be in Atari style if it fits.
    • Game Mechanics: There's this Bakugon game on the Nintendo DS with game mechanics I might take inspiration from. I don't remember if it was an RPG but I find that game's mechanics to be a good starting point before develop it.
    • Setting and World Development: This is a modern based game, maybe even futuristic considering what the mechanics call for. I don't know how large the world will be, but it should have the same atmosphere as the Sinnoh region in Pokémon. The world graphics would be mostly the tileset packs from the RPG Maker store and the characters should have the same cartoony feel as Mother 3.

BadLittleSeed likes this.
  2. TziaYu

TziaYu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ayyyy what about digimon, that's the one people always say ripped off pokemon (though it isn't, bite me)
    digimon games always got that sci-fi future vibe going on, you can take a look at that for inspiration.
    ps digimon world 2 is my favourite. it has the best graphics ever for a ps1 game.

3. Fungii

Fungii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Love the idea of Atari style monsters; reminds me of tamagotchi and the old digimon pixels. Next to earthbound style characters this could have a really unique look!

4. BadLittleSeed

BadLittleSeed 100% Organic, 1000% Evil! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not going to lie, I still love the original Digimon theme after all these years. B):thumbsup-right:

5. Pix3M

Pix3M Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How are you going about parodying the pokemon ripoffs? How you pull it off can be the difference between being another ripoff in and of itself, or a genuinely funny piece