Partial Recolor of MV-RTP tileset

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Andar, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm considering of making a game in a world with some special features, but I don't know if those features might make the maps unplayable. So I would like to ask one of the artists around here to make a simple recolor of a few tiles only at first, and if the recolor works then ask for a full recolor set of the MV RTP.
    No new tiles needed, a recolor of the existing ones is enough - I just don't know how much work that would be and if it would be possible at all.

The critical feature would be that in that world, water is not blue or clear, but pitch black and mostly opaque. As a result, world_a1 would use black/grey for the water autotiles instead of different shades of blue, and on inside_A1 the tiles that show different bottoms through clear water would mostly be black with only the borders for the different stones above the water would remain different and the rest the same black/grey shades of water that no one can watch through.

Since I don't know if that idea can be used in mapping, I would like to get only a few tiles recolored as an experiment to test, and only after that testing shows promise I would ask someone to recolor all MV RTP tiles that contain water (mostly A1 and A2, with only a few tiles scattered elsewhere like lakes or fountains etc.
    I can offer several steam codes for games or DLC in return to the artist that makes the full set recolor.

2. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sooo... like that?
    wassili.gif

I made you something to try out, with the opaque water it is not just recolor but also some more or less major edits (I reused my own waterfall tiles for the non-transprant waterfall)
    Dungeon_A1.png

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Avery thanks. I'll probably test it in a few days, didn't expect that fast an answer

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    BUMP

Yes, the "Black Water" can be used in the way it would be in that fantasy world. I placed a bit more info about it in the literature section of the forum:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-general-core-dungeon-core-type-story.109953/

If I decide to make that game (quite likely at the moment), then I would mostly need a recolor of World_A1 (left side top two animated water for shallow and deep water, one more dark greythan black (but lighter than the recolor above) and the deep water black more like the dungeon sample above (or slightly darker), Swamp top right turned a bit darker (dark violett but not black) and the whirlpool, rock and waterfall tiles reworked as well). Second recolor would be on world_B the two tiles of lakes in the top row and on SF_outside_C the three fountains top left.

(The dungeon_A1 recolor above is enough for the dungeons for now)