Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Partial Save 1.0by TheTitan99

Introduction
Save only part of the game data to a save file. For instance, save only what Map the player is on, or save only the Game Switches. These saves are permanent and instant. Even if the player exits the game without doing a full save, the Partial Save will still stay.

This plugin is strongly designed for games with 1 Save File, but it does technically work on games with multiple files.

How to Use
Use the Plugin Command "PartialSave", followed by the save file, followed by the 10 potential points of data that can be saved independently.

These 10 things are:

1) Game System.

2) Game Screen.

3) Game Timer.

4) Game Switches.

5) Game Variables.

6) Game Self Switches.

7) Game Actors.

8) Game Party.

9) Game Map.

10) Game Player.

So, to save the system to file 1, use this PluginCommand:

PartialSave 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

To save the Switches and Variables to file 2, use this:

PartialSave 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

To save the System, Screen, Timer, Map, and Player to file 3, use this:

PartialSave 3 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

And so on.

I advise caution when using this script, as these changes are permanent to the save file. If used well, this can greatly improve a game. If used poorly, it is quite literally save file ruining.

Demo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt8wxbj5uf06v8a/Partial%20Save%20Demo.zip?dl=0

Script
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzpci77itajo6uf/TITAN_PartialSave.js?dl=0

Known Bugs/Issues

- A real save file is NEEDED before a partial save can be done to that file. Partial Saving to a non-existent file will crash the game.

- Sometimes, upon loading a game file, if the partial save has changed what page an event should be on, it'll use the same old event page. It will correctly know what the new game data is, but not update the event page. The game corrects itself after changing maps/switches/ect. I would greatly appreciate if anyone knows a fix to this.

Notes

Made by me, TheTitan99, by modifying code made by RPG Maker staff.

- Free for commercial and non-commercial release with credit given somewhere, anywhere. (Credits, ect.)

- Feel free to edit and improve on this in any way you see fit. Not the best JS user myself, know this code could be made better.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As this is based on the default plugin, it might be nice to include credit to them in your script header, and an instruction that they be included in the script credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux